Read This First! Ride Board Rules (2 Viewers)

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
About This Section

The ride board is for people seeking or offering rides. If you're trying to find someone to travel with (hitching, train hopping, biking, etc), please use the Road Dogs & Meet Up area.

Safety

We would like our members to be aware that we've had an influx of truckers and other people outside the underground traveler culture offer rides to folks here on StP. While we are certainly grateful, there have been many requests from people offering rides for 'female only' companions. While we feel it would be unfair to remove these requests (just as it would be unfair to remove requests for female-idenifying/POC/LGBT+ that only want to travel with same) we do ask that you do your due diligence and check out their profile page. Red flags include:
  • Newly created account
  • Only one post/thread created
  • The user only 'follows' female members (check the 'following' block on left of profile)
  • Threads/posts stating desire for female-only riders from male drivers
If you haven't seen it already, we highly suggest reading our guide to Vetting a Person You Want to Travel With. While most of us have had some great adventures with folks met on this website, it pays to be prepared, do your research and be safe!

How to use the Ride Board

In order to post a thread in this section, you are required to select a thread prefix. this is a drop down menu next to your thread title:

noprefix.png

There are two options - 'ride offered' and 'seeking ride'. These should be pretty self explanatory, but just so you know, if you're looking for a ride, select 'seeking ride' from the drop down menu:

seekingride.png

And obviously, if you're offering a ride, select 'ride offered'. Easy right?

The best part of this new system is that you can sort out what you're looking for by clicking on the ride offered or seeking ride links next to each person's thread. So, if you want to ONLY see rides offered, click on the ride offered box in the thread list like so:

clickonthis.png

This will show you ONLY posts with the ride offered thread prefix:

filters.png

Hopefully this should make it easier to find what you're looking for!

Last edited:
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
I've updated the Ride Board so that it's now self-pruning. Threads with no replies for over 60 days will automatically be deleted.

Last edited:

Teresa

Lurker
Hometown
Ravenden Springs Arkansas
Well I finally made it in here...lol Thanks And I also run a ride share and can possibly help get people rides. Let me know if I can help in any way!!

Tude here:

January 2018, Teresa has passed RIP - love the girl - but her trucker rideshare lives on. If you are interested in rides go to her group - "Nomads and Drifters RIdeshares" facebook group for a ride - there are also at least 3 other trucker rideshare groups associated with her group as well.

She would be pleased to know that this rideshare lives on - she worked hard to connect people in need with rides.

pat

Last edited by a moderator:

BirdDaddy

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Hometown
Spun Junction CO
How does one unpost bc he has found a ride or that plans have changed? Or do you just post that on the thread?

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
How does one unpost bc he has found a ride or that plans have changed? Or do you just post that on the thread?
most people just post in that thread that the ride is no longer available. the thread itself will be automatically deleted six months after the last reply is made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $150.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Heading Southwest tomorrow. Hoping to make the Sam Houston National Forest by nightfall. Gonna be a long day of riding...
tucson to phoenix? trying to pick kids up. i wanna see how many hippies fit in a dodge caravan
SteveO85 wrote on Ponyriderijk's profile.
What up dude?Just trying to find similar people with similar views in the area...
cold wet and managed to dodge NINE count em NINE kangaroos in twelve k ! listening to rodriguez "sugarman" thinking about aqualung
When all else fails, go ahead and rely on instinct
- animalistic is our most natural mode
Going nuts! Ehrenberg Arizona....😬
Hi everybody my name is Steve aka Miami Mike from the central coast of California ,more precisely Paso Robles/lake nacimento
Squat in Austin’s north loop! Seeking advice and squat mates as well as offering a place to crash and some company. We got booze and electric?
croc wrote on quad8's profile.
Yo, last night I rode my first autorack! Colton to Yermo in an automax n it was articulated, door open. Love those curved floors so u got a lil hidey wall to chill behind.
Thought of u as soon as we got on lol