Reykjavik Iceland?!? | Squat the Planet

Reykjavik Iceland?!?

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
so I was deported from the U last night, to Iceland of all places, somewhere I have never been... Anyone have contacts or info on anything here? Anything and everything is appreciated, pretty much broke, still in Europe (I'm a US citizen), but lost as hell...

Cardboard

Banned
Reaction score
Widerstand said:
So if you a US citizen how did you get deported to Iceland?

right?!?
it was our last port of entry, as I had a connecting flight here from NYC...

hartage

Reaction score
Find the united states consulate nearest to you. They should be able to help you establish your US citizenship to be able to get past the border nazis. They might also be able to at least give you tips on how and where you can sustain yourself there. If you can get a hold of family that can provide documentation for/about you call them. Sad part is unlike you and me government people are protected against their own incompetence. It does not matter if they are proven wrong in deciding that you are not a US citizen or even legal to enter the US. You still can't do shit to them for fucking up beyond making them let you through.

Cardboard

Banned
Reaction score
hah, havent checked this thread in a while.
I ended up living in reykjavik for 2 months, and squatting a house in the center of town that was turned into a social center, then burned some months after I left.
Things were great, met some really good friends who I have seen many times since I left for the continent.
I ended up flying out after 2 months, with a 70 euro ticket to Copenhagen. Traveled western Europe for the last year, and now I am back in copenhagen for the time being..
fun times.

Cardboard

Banned
Reaction score
It all happened on accident really. wasnt about the balls. someone else bought me a plane ticket to tour europe with them (a musician), then after things went terribly wrong, they kind of just abandoned me here. Its a nice place to be abandoned though.

r3353

Reaction score
i don't understand. You were returning INTO the USA as a national and they sent you to Iceland because you had a continue ticket? Was it a Round The World ticket? If you cant prove your US citizenship, how did you get out ov Keflavik? i didn't get to see the free shop, but used to volunteer at the anarchist library, so we might know the same lads. Then you went to Denmark? i also walked out ov the airport without having to show ID, but how did you get on the plane with out ID? Any trouble traveling the mainland without proper visa? Where are you now? Have you made it back into the US?
to Mouse- Just get that 'little blue book' even if it DOES have the biometric chip in it and jump ship. This country (USA) is like a mentally handicapped child holding a kitten (rest ov the world) It has no idea that petting the head is actually smashing out its brains. We got to strong, via the industrial revolution and resource exploitation, with out any history, besides genociding the natives. Though fleeing religious persecution, we have claimed this land in a name ov God while denying any other belief. Having lived overseas for a while, i felt the general population really looked down on us. Very often they asked me why we did the things we did, and i have no answer. Just remember that while abroad, we are represenatives ov our culture. im sure i spoiled it for a few future minds, but what the hell. Sometimes getting wasted/obnoxious in public is fun.
CPH is a great place to be in Europe. Bicycle heaven, friendly people, good wages via the Kroner, long summers, warm winters. It was great working at Stengade 30 for 8 months. Man, i wish i could go back.
Anyway, hope things work out for the best. Take care and if your a hitcher, i wish you
Fast RIdes and Interesting Drivers,
r3353

Cardboard

Banned
Reaction score
I think there is some confusion because when I first typed this, I was in a hurry and things got spelled wrong.
I was deported from the UK. flying from new york to keflavik, to london, into immigration holding, then back to keflavik. I already posted this update somewhere else, but I got to the continent 2 months later, and have been all over in the last year, spending about half of my time in copenhagen.
I have ID, no problems there.
and yeah, we probably do know the same people if you were working at hjomalind, or was it before the anarchist library was there?
There is a new squat/social center in reykjavik now, I have just leanred from some friends, if you need directions, let me know and I will PM them-

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads