Research Studys

Current Location
Olympia, Washington
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I'm currently in my first one and it's pretty tight. Getting paid to live inside, eat food and chew tobacco. It's pretty much a dream come true. I feel like I just got lucky and wound up in one where they're not testing weird drugs, but i feel like it could be a decent income source. All you need to be able to do is clean up a bit and pass a drug test it seems. Anyone else have experience with these?

Also, if there is anyone in the Milwaukee area who is interested in getting into the same study as me, message me and I can pass your info to one of the nurses here.(Need to be able to pass a drug test and get to a screening 40 minutes north of Milwaukee(there's a bus from Milwaukee) on 05/16/18)

SlankyLanky

the friendliest mod
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Reactions
96% 1% 3%
i did a few alcohol studies years ago where i was supposed to take these pills that would curb the urge to drink but i never took the pills because im a terrible person. it was 35 bucks or so every week for a few months and i got a free sandwinch every week too. pretty much just went in and they drew blood and asked me a few questions and sent me on my way with a check.

Current Location
Cooperstown, Ny
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%

ToadStuff

Rambler
StP Supporter
Current Location
Marysville, Wa
Reactions
95% 2% 3%
I did a double blind study at Charles River in Tacoma like 9 years ago. The drug was taken intravenously and i had to get a bazillion blood draws a day (and in the middle of the night). In high doses it had carcinogenic effects in lab rats. My dose was much smaller, but like half way through it started giving people a light rash on their stomach, so they cancelled the rest of the study and gave everyone a partial payment ( like $1000).
It was pretty intense tbh, and not sure if it was worth it. If i do it again, id do one that is a lot less fucked up.
I still remember the drug was called BLI-489 or 389 haha.

OP
OP
erisACAB
Current Location
Olympia, Washington
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I did a double blind study at Charles River in Tacoma like 9 years ago. The drug was taken intravenously and i had to get a bazillion blood draws a day (and in the middle of the night). In high doses it had carcinogenic effects in lab rats. My dose was much smaller, but like half way through it started giving people a light rash on their stomach, so they cancelled the rest of the study and gave everyone a partial payment ( like $1000).
It was pretty intense tbh, and not sure if it was worth it. If i do it again, id do one that is a lot less fucked up.
I still remember the drug was called BLI-489 or 389 haha.
Holy fuck man. That's intense. Did you end up having any side effects?

I guess at this facility they normally does phase 1 drug research and there are more blood draws and other testing. I got lucky cause there's not much of that. I just have to make it to meals on time, and there's like 5 days out of the study where they collect my piss and saliva for 24 hours.

ToadStuff

Rambler
StP Supporter
Current Location
Marysville, Wa
Reactions
95% 2% 3%
Holy fuck man. That's intense. Did you end up having any side effects?

I guess at this facility they normally does phase 1 drug research and there are more blood draws and other testing. I got lucky cause there's not much of that. I just have to make it to meals on time, and there's like 5 days out of the study where they collect my piss and saliva for 24 hours.
The only side effect i remember was it made your piss turn bright neon green. No joke! Haha. So they had colored lights in the bathrooms so you cant tell the color of your piss, cuz its double blind meaning you and the doctors arent supposed to know who got the drug and not the placebo. Most of us still found out cuz if you open the door before you flush you can see it...