repo sales/police auctions to get cheap cars?

M

Mouse

does anyone know anything about these types of sales/auctions? I see ads for them in the paper now and then, and I'm trying to look stuff up online about how they work but I'm not getting much useful info.

I'm trying to save money to get a van once I get off probation so rght now I'm exploring all my options so I'll be ready when the time comes.

if you know how these auctions work or know someone who's been to one or whatever, please let me know.

wartomods

Reaction score
i dont know how they work there in the states, but they are pretty straightfoward, just like a regular auction

Avon Drunquist

Reaction score
When I was a kid my friend bought a '95 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor with a V8. Fucking monster of a car (shitty gas mileage, but it comes with a spotlight!) for like 500$. They're good to hit up, these repo auctions, but you just have to hope you don't get outbid by someone for the car you want.

M

Mouse

yeah I figured it would take a few tries to really get what you want.

I'll have to go a few times to see hwo to deal works and judge the caliber of car you can get.

now... where to find one? that's a good question. lol

wartomods

Reaction score
yeah I figured it would take a few tries to really get what you want.

I'll have to go a few times to see hwo to deal works and judge the caliber of car you can get.

now... where to find one? that's a good question. lol

it is something that isnt advertised you have to go and ask

kmbrwlf

Reaction score
This might not be helpful to you since most of the items are located in Texas, but there are a few in other states too. All the auctions are online. They sell stuff cities and school districts and other big clients are trying to get rid of - cars, dump trucks, random valuables that they took from people, tons of musical instruments, and there's even a horse right now...

Lone Star Online

They have live auctions too, but again, nearly all of them are in Texas.

Lone Star Auctioneers

stove

Reaction score
You can also look at government repo/military stuff. It's done base-by-base, and there's a website somewhere. I used to get a lot of electr4onic equipment fromthere to screw around with.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads