Video release us - a short film on police brutality

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Several years ago I was living with a long time friend - who used to deal a long time ago, but was caught and jailed and all made well again.
I come home from work and find his girlfriend standing at my bedroom door opening --- looked like a tornado went through there. Files on floor, insides of dresser drawers dumped on floor, bed flipped WTF. She said DEA came though there with two battering rams (that had a hard time getting through roommates reinforced front door haha) and the guys in black with the guns. Tossed her and roommate on the floor and handcuffed them then proceeded to tear the house up.

Ripped the toilets off the floor (they said they heard a toilet flush - meaning the drugs were flushed), opened up and dumped everything in the fridge and cupboards onto the floor and sink, ripped off all floor boards, tore the safe out of the wall even though they were told the door was open, slashed open all the cushions, went through the attic and basement like that as well. It was awful. They were so invasive and desctructive. Had I been home I would have also been handcuffed - and actually they asked where i was and worked - that would have been awful if they showed up where I worked (at the same college I do now!.

Their excuse? Had one of my roommate son's friend rolled on my friend's son (son's friend was caught with drugs) - so they did a 6 mo. investigation and decided to go in after roommate's son. No drugs were found - and the reason they hit my roommate's house was that they noticed the kid visited his Dad a lot (duh) and they figured the kid was hiding his drugs there - so that's why they hit my roommate (guess some brain thought Daddy was at it again)- DEA also hit a couple of other places the kid visited. No drugs were found at any place. No further action taken on friend's son - it's like it just went away - just leaving several homes destroyed and people harassed. Nice going DEA. No apologies were given btw. Roommate tried to get damages but that went no where.

Last edited:
Reactions: wizehop

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads