Reintroduction: Alone At Last | Squat the Planet

Reintroduction: Alone At Last

Crisy

Reaction score
So I've posted an introduction before, but it's been a few years, and at the time I was stuck at home, not traveling, just kinda depressed and looking for friends. Well now I'm currently not working, I'm still cancer free, I've got a reliable car with insurance and tag and everything, I have friends who want to see me and can host me, and I have some money set aside for gas. So I'm zooming around the house packing my bags, making plans, and am just really excited to get back out there after literal years at home with my family fighting cancer and just long story short, I'm happy to be traveling again. I'm just nervous because I've never been totally on my own, never done this in a car, it's been years, just...so much it's overwhelming 😅 and I'm just saying I'm open for whatever advice you wanna give, places to go suggestions, places to ot go too....ummm let's see my main plan is to go from here at my family's place in Alabama to Chicago, then north Dakota, then Colorado, then I'm not 100% sure after that.

Reaction score
So I've posted an introduction before, but it's been a few years, and at the time I was stuck at home, not traveling, just kinda depressed and looking for friends. Well now I'm currently not working, I'm still cancer free, I've got a reliable car with insurance and tag and everything, I have friends who want to see me and can host me, and I have some money set aside for gas. So I'm zooming around the house packing my bags, making plans, and am just really excited to get back out there after literal years at home with my family fighting cancer and just long story short, I'm happy to be traveling again. I'm just nervous because I've never been totally on my own, never done this in a car, it's been years, just...so much it's overwhelming 😅 and I'm just saying I'm open for whatever advice you wanna give, places to go suggestions, places to ot go too....ummm let's see my main plan is to go from here at my family's place in Alabama to Chicago, then north Dakota, then Colorado, then I'm not 100% sure after that.
Hey, I’m from Alabama originally & I’m trying to do literally the exact same itinerary as you. I was gonna maybe take a plane up to Chicago & hit (censored) going west exactly like you. I’m sorry about your loss, I had cancer take one of my relatives as well and it’s physically, emotionally & mentally debilitating.

Reactions: Crisy

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
my main plan is to go from here at my family's place in Alabama to Chicago, then north Dakota, then Colorado
when will you be in colorado? im going to be there for the rainbow gathering...

AlexKnoch

Reaction score
Website
AlexKnoch.com
ummm let's see my main plan is to go from here at my family's place in Alabama to Chicago, then north Dakota, then Colorado, then I'm not 100% sure after that.
Where are you headed to in North Dakota?? I'm currently in Fargo and I'll be heading towards Colorado soon for the Rainbow Gathering.

Crisy

Reaction score
Where are you headed to in North Dakota?? I'm currently in Fargo and I'll be heading towards Colorado soon for the Rainbow I have a friend living in North Dakota, and they are trying to convince me to extend my trip to go to nationals, I've never been to a gathering before and they said it'd be a great experience.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
you should go! we could all meet up if you want. @AlexKnoch and I and at least one other person will be there from StP.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads