REI Vs. EMS

I

IBRRHOBO

i've had my 4700cuin pack for 4 years now. i take it to hell and back. i have a pic on my site i think. swear by it. bought it in concord, nh. fuck rei!

stove

Reaction score
Yeah, they do, but you've got to fight with them sometimes. They don't do shit if you're international, which made a bit of a difference for me last year w/a shit pair of boots, but otherwise they're pretty good.

And the actual gear is usually top-quality rebrands.

wartomods

Reaction score
they are probably the same, here we have decathlon and shit is almost identical quality and variety wise.
I checked ems site and their prices are a bit high , comparing to rei, no ?

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
yeah corps are all the same and your gonna find the same shit at both.
now REI is a co-op of sorts not sure about the others.

but like in the other pack thread I say just go to an army navy store, shit is cheaper most of the time and will last longer than you will. plus you can find anytype of survival gear.

ghostsymposium

Reaction score
I tried to return something with the old EMS logo on it once and they wouldn't let me take it back. I got my boots from EMS however and when it comes time for new boots I'll just return my current pair and complain about them and then buy new ones with the store credit. I've done that a couple times with succcess.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go with EMS, never been to REI more than once or twice & I'd say they're a little more espensive. EMS all the way!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads