Announcement Rebuilt the user title ladder!

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
So previously we had a system that placed a user title below your user name that was assigned based on how many posts you've made on the message board:

usertitle2-png-png.42974_Rebuilt the user title ladder!_Website News & Announcements_Squat the Planet_8:02 PM

This system has now been changed to reflect how many 'likes' you've received instead of posts you've made. I've done this to encourage people to post quality content over quantity of content. The user title ladder has changed as well:

screenshot-squattheplanet-com-2018-05-06-19-52-53-png.42973_Rebuilt the user title ladder!_Website News & Announcements_Squat the Planet_8:02 PM

So if you're noticing a new title under your name than what you previously had, it's because of this change. It's a small cosmetic change, but I think this will work better in the long run. Remember to check the help section to see how user titles work!

https://squattheplanet.com/help/user-title/

SlankyLanky

the friendliest mod
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
im digging the new titles. also this made me look into the all time dislikes and looks like aside from the banned we are tied for the most disliked posts, wearing that badge proudly now.

D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
We need to have a titles for negative ratings as well for people that have more negative ratings than positive ratings. Grand Theft Auto had the same thing on GTA Vice City And GTA San Andreas for the criminal rating. For every cheat you used you lost 10 points towards your "Criminal Rating" This is how it could work. User "train core" has 30 positive ratings and 10 negative ratings therefor his score is 20, you catch my drift? Every negative rating is minus 1 point while every positive rating is plus 1 point. Off course considering how everybody gives out more positive ratings than negative ratings nobody should really dip into the negatives, unless of course they are really getting on peoples nerves. Its more just a humor thing really haha
screenshot_2018-05-31-22-08-13-png.43446_Rebuilt the user title ladder!_Website News & Announcements_Squat the Planet_5:15 AM

OP
OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
We need to have a titles for negative ratings as well for people that have more negative ratings than positive ratings. Grand Theft Auto had the same thing on GTA Vice City And GTA San Andreas for the criminal rating. For every cheat you used you lost 10 points towards your "Criminal Rating" This is how it could work. User "train core" has 30 positive ratings and 10 negative ratings therefor his score is 20, you catch my drift? Every negative rating is minus 1 point while every positive rating is plus 1 point. Off course considering how everybody gives out more positive ratings than negative ratings nobody should really dip into the negatives, unless of course they are really getting on peoples nerves. Its more just a humor thing really haha View attachment 43446
we do not have the ability to do this due to limitations in the forum software; specifically, the ability to assign user titles to users based on dislikes. we only have the ability to use likes, so unfortunately it's just not possible.

D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
I wasnt real serious about it. Just thought it woild be funny if it was possible to get a minus rating

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

DuHastMich wrote on Childgoddess's profile.
Everything ok with ya?
The less you own the more you get to hitch a ride and leave
feeling bummed out...:(
Unclogged a toilet using a wire hanger, dish soap and boiling water.
It was a toothbrush stuck in there. Needles to say the toothbrush is incinerated.
What do you call lil pump's family?

lil pumpkin
Squat the Planet of the Apes
Strangeandsolo seeking friends.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
94ymi94