Re-bike bumming...or what I should be doing any damn way | Squat the Planet

Re-bike bumming...or what I should be doing any damn way

TheFreemanguy

Reaction score
So here I sit, Sept. 11th (kinda interesting date, at least to me) in Sullivan Park in Spokane Valley Wa. This homebum Haven is hallowed ground. Countless wanderers and wayward youth have came and went through these pines along the Spokane river. With a freeway offramp and the valley Walmart close by flying a sign gives you enough to drink and smoke your time by. The centennial trail skirts the river, allowing reasonable travel to Idaho or the coast if one wishes.

This is to become my journal. Memoir. Rant. Whatever. I generally lurk and make simple comments on STP but I pray this gives my vagabond family a little insight as to who Freeman is...

I have never been a succeeding member of either society nor traditional family roles. I was a recluse as a child. An addict and drunk from the womb. The misappropriation of youth and finances led me to become a failure as both husband and parent many times over. Like Benjamin Todd sings "I poison every thing I touch like nothing else that breathes". That is not to say I am a waste of carbon on this rock...I am a great friend. A solid road dog and a damn fine protector of persons or possession, whenever the need arises. But I am getting ahead of myself. I will end this for now as my batteries need tickled. But will return to illustrate in dark shades what made my transformation not only possible but necessary. I can only pray that some might wish to read more. If not, then my self centered focus will at least be stimulated by this self reflection. May The Good Lord bless and keep you.

TheFreemanguy

Reaction score
Saturday the 18th. This doing nothing really makes the time fly. Had a good ride from the valley to 5 mile...no stops, no detours. My ex sister in law and bestie has been hanging at the spot for a couple days making my days brighter and a smile on my face regular. One of my roommates is a scratcher so got the outline of a new tattoo and a little touch up work on another. Weather is changing its mood quickly...perhaps too much so. But what do you do?
My bestie Terah and I been reminiscing about our experiences on this rock...what has kept our connection, etc. The reminder that there are a few that still wish me breathing eases the sting of generally being discarded through life. I don't know why I have become so obsessive about profiling my past...maybe its an age game. Perhaps I am growing.
This wandering bike bum with no focus has never been concerned with much. If it wasn't in front of my face then it wasn't worth a glance. My problems were merely decoration. My accomplishments never advertised. My failures on the big screen.
Laughing and carrying on like a jester lately. Truly those who are around you make or break ya. I had been on a 16 month self destroying trail. Barely consuming calories if not brewed. More narcotics than an evidence locker. Less rest then a sentry. But a change is coming about. I have a desire to be grounded now. I missed actually feeling the ground under my feet
If anyone reads this you will notice my sentences are as random as Tetris blocks. I not only write but live this scattered. Evidence of instability and requirement from forever shifting environments. This do all with nothing or shift with the winds ability of mine is my armor. Adaptation and perseverance are my guides. My personal standard is my shield.

TheFreemanguy

Reaction score
October 20th...see how bad my follow through is? Don't know if my housing is renewed or when they'll boot me...whatever. Went on a 6-ish mile loaded sprint for my souls sake and lost my tent poles...fuck my life.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads