Rainbow Gathering

S

sykgutt

i met one of the original rainbow guys, kind of cool to hang out with, we cooked coffee over the fire as he told us stories of grateful dead shows

R

RandomRaccoon

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
4 people build the kitchen
4 people haul the wood
4 people make the fire
and 2 1/2 clean up the whole fucking shlop left at the end
Right after everyone else leaves saying with compleate frilly arrogence "I love you brothers, sisters, happy trails, love love blah blah blah love balh love love, light"
AS I cock my fucking shot gun and sing em all a real happy song....

Sigh, I love rainbow gatherings...

Poking Victim

Reaction score
ArrowInOre said:
Double ha ha . That whole thing is fucked up. The elders of the 'rainbows' are all out of it or dead and the younger pissed off power gluttonous wanna be hipsters are trying to make a bunch of lame ass changes and all sorts of stupid shit. I stopped going to that crap years ago. BUT, if the regional in Oregon, I might go for the aroma that wafts through the trees, and I ain't talking patchouly. wink wink . And even then it's a huge IF...

Rainbow is diverse, most people just don't know how to get what they want out of it. So what if there's 5,000 stupid hippies, just don't talk to them.

nobo

Reaction score
wait. burning man? as opposed to rainbow? if were talking about stupid hippies here lets re think that. mutant fest seems alright but i opted not to go because it just seems weird. like ok, lets go to the woods for a week, bring a shitload of generators and blast electronic music non stop! nevermind the natural habitats! at least at rainbow they TRY to not disturb the natural surroundings too much. and at least they DO clean up whether it be 2 people that clean the whole entire mess, they get it done. ive heard that after mutant fest theres literal and figurative shit everywhere for months. but hey, to each their own. ive never been to mutant fest or burning man, so i really cant say. i have been to rainbow and im not a fucking hippie and i had a really great time. so yea. do whatever. haha.

nobo

Reaction score
did you ever experience the nick at nite kids? they just walk around with giant cans of tobacco, dip and snuff and if you just ask them theyll roll you a cigarette! i dont really like wyoming either by the way.

Poking Victim

Reaction score
I like The Plumber, he'll fix that hole in your pipe. Mad strains of only the best.
I can actually eat vegan food all the time, via Warriors of the Light.
Let's just hope I don't get dosed with any of that hippie shit.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
wyoming is beautiful.....but hitchhiking is illegal and the cops can be real dicks about it..... i'm curious as to what theyre gonna do when a SHITTON of kids are all leavin via thumb...hopefully theyll leave folks alone

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
safety in numbers, I guess... can't get everyone.

so is anyone actually goin? I'll be there this year if anyone wants to meet up.

nobo

Reaction score
just got back from rainbow. it was pretty cool. it was the first one ive been to where the dirty kids camps (montana mud, fat kids, etc.) were divided from the hippie dippy camps (warriors of light, lovin ovens, etc). i definately had a good time though, met some cool folks and had a crazy adventure getting there and back to and from the bay! wyoming was beautiful but of course the cops were such assholes all over the state.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I heard that 5 people got arrested for throwing stones at the cops for arresting someone. That news article also described the rainbows as 'eccentrics.' Heh.

nobo

Reaction score
yea our car broke down in salt lake city so we didnt get to wyoming until later on 4th. but i definately heard all about people getting shot with paintballs by irate cops. what a fucked up situation. shooting people with shit right in front of their kids! people said that the cops were trying to start a riot. i dont know, my time there was pretty un eventful in the cop department....thankfully....

Dameon

Reaction score
Wyoming is pretty, but it sucks. Whoever decided a state where hitchiking is illegal was a good place for a gathering was stupid.

I was also disappointed in the attitudes of the people. Sure, the 1st to the 6th, it was all "love you brother" and such, but the instant you tried to get a ride out "love you brother" became "do you have gas money?" I saw cars leaving half empty while tons of hitchers sat waiting for any ride going anywhere out. People who had plenty of money and vehicles still wouldn't take any hitcher without gas money because they figure hitchers should pay for their gas.

I really don't think I'll be going again. People were more generous to me at Mutant Fest, where they don't have the lovey-dovey family pretext.

Poking Victim

Reaction score
just got back from rainbow. it was pretty cool. it was the first one ive been to where the dirty kids camps (montana mud, fat kids, etc.) were divided from the hippie dippy camps (warriors of light, lovin ovens, etc).

Fuck you, the ovens aren't 'hippy-dippy'! No drums, no oming, lots of meat, pissed off people.

nobo

Reaction score
hmmmm, no reason to get defensive there buddy. i cooked a lot at lovin ovens last year in arkansas and after two days just couldnt take it anymore....all drumming...all hippie....all the time....maybe it was different this year, i dont know. a bunch of meat and pissed off people doesnt sound that great either tho....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads