raddest WWOOFING places? | Squat the Planet

raddest WWOOFING places?

hkbenj

Reaction score
i'm wondering if any of you all out there who have wwoofed all across this land (i'm sure it's a good number of you) could share with me your recommendations for the raddest farms to work on...tell me where it was and why it was so awesome. or if you've heard from other people about good experiences, you should tell me about that too! just trying to narrow down my options a little bit. ideally they would be in california but i'm open.

compass

Lost
Reaction score
Sucks not to see any responses to this thread, as I've been thinking about WWOOFing for a while and was looking forward to other's experiences.

There's a good guy near North Fork, CA who I believe is on the official WWOOF list, but he'll probably take anyone willing to work. He grows various veggies, some fruit trees, goats for milk/cheese and chickens for eggs. It's a nice area, good places to hike and find arrow heads and native sights, pretty easy hitch to Yosemite, Vipassana meditation center down the road, if that's your thing (dhamma.org). He's off grid, living on land homesteaded by his grandfather. Some nice people around there.

Hollywood

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
i just came from a farm in naples florida called inyoni. It isn't in the wwoof program. the farmer was a good dude, he took care of us. he likes to drink and smoke so it isn't all no nonsense. he really wants reliable people to come out and volunteer. there is a trailer you could live in and he only wants 20 hours of easy as fuck work a week. its all organic veggies and about 8 acres. we mainly harvested, planted seeds, transplanted, minimal weeding. grapefruit, papya, banana, orange, lemon trees. you get all the veggies to eat and he'll get you things to supplement your meals. he took my boyf and i camping with his friends in the 10,000 islands too. the farm wasn't really my thing. im more into learning about the homesteading, biodynamic and permaculture thing but it was still a really good place.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads