R.I.P. Tink

anyways

Reaction score
Aw fuuuuck, man. I loved Tink. Thought his name was Tank for the longest time cause that's what it sounded like everyone called him (plus it seemed like a much more fitting name for his military type style).

Just for the sake of some sort of memorial to him I'll relate a funny time I had with him. Me him and Jailbird Jay woke up under the 6th st bridge in ATX and of course they were both dting their asses off (Tink more so...alcohol had been raping his failing organs for years hardcore. Like, everyone who knew this kid has seen him puke blood a shit ton.)
Anyways so he's all like "Waaaterrrr, I need waterrr" so I shake my canteen and it feels full so I toss it to him and he takes a big ass shwill and spits it all over the place like "WHAT THE FUCK, YOU ASSHOLE?!?!"

And I'm all like... "Whaaaaat? You picky about your water taste now??" and he's like "THAT SHIT WAS STRAIGHT VODKA, YOU BITCH" and I'm like "What? Nu uh!" and I took a drink and sure enough... it was.

None of us had any recollection of how my canteen got full of vodka but after a run for chaser we had ourselves a pretty damn good wake up. (after I got him actual water, cause I'm sweet like that)

That kid tried to name me "Bright Eyes" cause of my shiny happy eyes but I was like "ewww I don't want to be associated with that band" but he'd never heard of them... hah

Damn, man. It hurts to hear he's gone but at the same time we all knew it was just a short matter of time.

I've got nothing but love and respect in my heart for him. Hope he's in a better place or reborn as some badass alien on some way better planet than this.

l0cate

Reaction score
Website
www.Facebook.com
im sorry man he was a funny guy, i kicked it with him at the eugene duck pond for a couple days about a year ago,waiting for a train. we convinced this one yuppy kid to buy us spacebags every night, and his girlfriend stripped for us. i caught out before him and never ran into him again, but the next time i went through eugene i found his waterbottle with a messege wrote on it that he was stuck there for about a week and had no water or booze. it was written in some of the most indecipherable squatter scrawl ive seen. well im sure hell have his "heehee's and his haha's" on the other side.

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
Damn! does anyone know how he died? Tink was a really good guy. He saved me from multiple head wounds in Missoula last summer. And despite his appearance and severe alcohol addiction he could be an intelligent guy.

toadflack

Reaction score
Damn! does anyone know how he died? Tink was a really good guy. He saved me from multiple head wounds in Missoula last summer. And despite his appearance and severe alcohol addiction he could be an intelligent guy.[/QUOTE

Liver failure

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
didnt know the guy, but he sounds like my kinda people.
RIP, tink. keep that black flag a-flyin'

evasion

Reaction score
I'm friends with the girl he was dating... never met him but FUCK did he make her happy. He died in the hospital of liver failure. He told her "I'm goin' to the big liquor store in the sky... and you know what? there's no tax on imports." :(

Reactions: Sydney

GutterGrayse

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yea, heard he died of liver failure a couple 'o weeks ago. That's cute that he said there's no tax on imports. He was always funny like that. :) Love him, miss him. He taught me a few things early on.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Met him a little over a year ago.. drunk as shit with his two dogs on a train at like 10 am.

Uncle Mom

Reaction score
Website
www.freedirtfilm.com
I'll miss you.
Who's taking care of Boxcar?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads