question for the opposing class

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
How many of you folks on here are willing to put their lives on the line for their beliefs and take up arms against an oppressive government in the name of (R)evolution?

Reactions: wrkrsunite

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
a slave to a failed, corrupt system being one of them. School is in session and we will all be given the same pop quiz.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Unless given a personal reason can't say that I'd be willing to give my life. Government isn't taking anything from me and I can get by on my own without their help just fine. Sure there's corruption but it doesn't directly effect my physical or emotional needs so I'm not too concerned. But thats just in the dying for the cause case.
Will I help the people out who are fighting the fight? Sure will. I'd prefer to do what I can from the sidelines.

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
I really have nothing to revolt against..I can do what I want with my life..what more could I ask for. Governments corrupt? they sure as hell arent after my lack of money
you surely will be singing a different tune when next time your pulled off a train by some rightwing fascist pigs and have your ass kicked for your lack of money and radical ways of living outside the system.

K

Kim Chee

you surely will be singing a different tune when next time your pulled off a train by some rightwing fascist pigs and have your ass kicked for your lack of money and radical ways of living outside the system.
What you are saying isn't something that requires revolt, its retaliation.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score

Man you know how many riders have threatened me with beatings and death..cant even count, no cops no matter how evil have anything new to bring to my life in that sense.

I know where your coming from, don't get me wrong...in my early twenties it was all about the fight. But as I got older I realized regardless of how I feel about the government/system we really do have it good. Man if I want to squat, dumpster dive, ride trains I can fucking do it..If I want to sell my soul for a false sence of security and live in a cubicle I can do that too.
Ive traveled a lot for the world man and most places I've been outside our system, people struggle 7 days a week just to eat..like really fucking struggle..no computers, no soup kitchens..no youth drop in centers, no food banks, no hospitals...shit.....list goes on

we live in a time like never before...we have it fucking good......if you want to reject the system do it. I aint waiting for anyone to make my life......but if you think going out and killing people will make things better you better fucking think long and hard about what better is..because I highly doubt you or anyone like you will make shit any better. Who gives a fuck if bankers have billions..means fuck all too me, who gives a fuck if people are working as slaves for capitalists, you have a choice in how you live...thats the only freedom I need.

Want to make a difference? volunteer at soup kitchen/shelters (good way to get free eats to, did that for a few years) you need to have the mind set of the ruling class to rule man..you need to be them to change anything..that's not happening

If someone tried to stop that ya Id fight them to the death, but dude it aint gonna happen..its a sexy as fuck dream but reality aint that harsh..stick to ps3 games for that fantasy and just live your life the way you want.

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
sure why not retaliate, and i was saying that because wisehop said he has nothing to revolt against, the way he lives could be considered revolting against the norms of today's society, and because he thinks he has nothing to revolt against that is not going to stop some brainwashed piggy wiggys from doing him harm next time hes caught riding the rails. so yes retaliate, an eye for an eye. submission is not an option for me.

K

Kim Chee

I'm not sure what anybody else's interpretation of retaliation is, but I am referring to retaliation as an immediate means of self-defense in response to an immediate perceived threat.
I wasn't referring to anything that requires planning and such.

shiftingGEARS

Reaction score
If we really have it good like you say our country wouldn't be protesting as they do, and allot of those other country's problems are due to our own countrys exploits and the policies set by who? the bankers and their billions, and sure i could squat and fear eviction from armed cops, i could dumpster dive and hope not to catch a trespassing charge, and i could ride trains and get a trespassing charge, i could also fight authoritarian rule and risk death witch i am, now with the NDAA. and i dont have any problems with what you do just trying to understand your reasons, one thing i will not do is turn a blind eye because i have some sort of comfort in my life, this country is only getting worse and will not get any better unless we fight for it, I'm glad you found solid ground in your life but alot of other people will not and cant unless the oppressive ruling class is wiped out or taking out of power. And if i could go my life without killing anyone then so be it, but i wont let them shoot me first.

Reactions: dprogram
K

Kim Chee

this thread explains exactly why the lumpenproletariat is not a revolutionary class.

Thank you for the peanut gallery response.

peanut_sand400.jpg

frzrbrnd

Reaction score
my previous comment is valid, but even so, i suppose i should have answered the op's question: yes, i'm willing, but i'm not going to take up arms or fight sans revolution. (nor for just any "revolution" against "the government." right-wingers dislike the government, too, sometimes, but that doesn't mean i'm going to ally with them.)

D

Deleted member 363

I think widerstand has been hitting the nail on the head.

With that said I would like to point out that I am a libertarian. I hold a similar attitude and views as anarchist, but I still think some order and some government is good. When would I take up arms against our government? I would have no problem taking up arms when the government takes away our second amendment rights. I don't think that would ever happen, but I won't hesitate to wreak havoc if that day ever comes. Over the past few years I have been very concerned about our 4th amendment and 5th amendment rights being trampled. I hope congress realizes what they have done and reverse their laws.

P

Pheonix

depends on the situation, if the ATF where driving tanks down my driveway to come and take my guns in a direct violation of my rights, then yes I will fight and die just like they fought and died in Waco. I'm not willing to go and get pepper sprayed and arrested just to protest the corruption of the government and banks when I know if there is a change in the system it will still leave me in the bottom bracket with little to no chance of moving up.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads