Video - Punk Rock vs Sharia Law | Squat the Planet

Video Punk Rock vs Sharia Law

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just felt like looking up some music videos... was wondering what to search for, then I looked at my open tab to STP and said FUCK YEA TYPE IN SEARCH... PUNK ROCK >.> check out what I found.

shabti

Reaction score
I know this is from a few years ago, but it's brand-new(s) to me, so here's a story about some punk kids in Indonesia. I want to add a little blurb here, that supposedly, Indonesia is one of the most progressive Muslim Countries in the world. It's also the MOST muslim country in the world, having more muslims than any other country. Women are afforded all kinds of rights, blah blah, not like Saudi Arabia, blahbbty blah. My anthro professor used them as a shining example of why the current "Islam is a bunch of terrorists" bullshit on the television isn't true.

Point is, a few years back, this province in Indonesia implemented Islamic based law, and then the punk concert goers were rounded up by police, had their heads shaved, thrown into communal baths, and carted away to re-education.

I'm still reeling like, this happened? This fucking happened? This happens in punk fiction, not life? Da fuq?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-16176410

edit

DUDE they even made a documentary about it.

http://www.mtviggy.com/articles/street-punk-banda-aceh-film-documentary-indonesia-review-2015/

Reactions: Odin

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I'm going to move this to the politics forum but I really have to respond too ... sigh --- I'm way too many conspiracy sites and these muslim ideas are tossed all the time. I have an ultradox jewish church down the street from me, not far away is a russian orthodox church (absolutely beautiful btw) and other mosques as well as christian and catholic churches. All sorts of stuff. I do not know why people are so bad with this stuff.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Those are some good articles.

Edited post... took out link after merging threads.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@Odin, can you combine this thread with the one with the video?

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads