Punk Island 2014 - June (22nd?)

MarkyFart

Reaction score
hey all. was just wondering if anyone here is planning on hitting up punk island this coming june. not sure where it is yet, cuz last year it was in staten island which is a bit outside of tradition since it's usually on governor's island -- so it's assumable that that info will come in time. the people involved just started fundraising and booking bands and such.

anyway, i plan on hitting the road from the festival that day to anywhere, preferably west towards cali but i'm down to go almost anywhere. i've never traveled before so i was hoping someone attending PI could let me tag along and show me the ropes and stuff til i get the hang of things. shouldn't be long; i'm a relatively fast learner.

doesn't really matter how we get wherever to me either. i just wanna be somewhere.

KEEP ME POSTED! cheers.::drinkingbuddy::

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
seemed kinda interesting when they first started doing it, but i haven't seen what the band list is like in a few years. i'd go if there were cool bands.

MarkyFart

Reaction score
ewwwwww, punk island.
lol aww , why eww?
seemed kinda interesting when they first started doing it, but i haven't seen what the band list is like in a few years. i'd go if there were cool bands.
i think it's gotten a little bigger since it first started. but most of the bands that get booked are local acts or from the tri-state area. it's more of a communal thing than anything, really.
summer 2013 stza from leftover crack/choking victim/star fucking hipsters and his girlfriend thing showed up for an acoustic performance. does that count as a cool band? lol
maybe i'll post the flier when it gets made later on .,

freepizzaforlife

Reaction score
I played this shit last year, Punk Island isin't as cool as everyone makes it out to be. One of my band's members was in jail, he got out later that day. we weren't allowed to play later that day on the same stage we were booked on, so we had to busk. and we were probably the only band that wasn't from a local area.

also, traveling kids seemed pretty unwelcomed.

the latfo picture, and hundo kick from scott sturgeon was cool though.

Reactions: GinGin

MarkyFart

Reaction score
you're not a member of railyardghosts, are you?

and i can definitely agree with you about traveling kids being unwelcomed. my friend almost beat the shit out of one because he thought he was coming onto his girlfriend. he talked shit on the rest of his crew the rest of the day.

it sucks really, but you can't expect much else from city kids. most of the people that attended were locals.

MarkyFart

Reaction score
Did you mean that as in one of my band members? or just some other random traveling kid.
well i wasn't talking about anyone from railyard ghosts hitting on my friend's gf, if that's what you're confused about. it was some other kid. apparently he's a local that likes acting and dressing like transients to fit in with them or something.
he was the kid riding around on the yellow pennyboard flashing signs asking for cash for grub, i dunno if you remember him.

also, so you really ARE from RYG? that's dope. love your music.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Same weekend as Plan-It-X Fest.

Not to knock it if that's your thing, but I went to plan it X fest 2 years ago and I thought it was horrible. I'd much rather go to punk island.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads