punk farm in progress, come chill in maine

Hylyx

Reaction score
Sounds fuckin rad. If I don't make it to Hawaii this winter I'll see about making it to Maine. A best friend is from Vermont and I've always wanted to make it up there! I can be a great ranch hand and am pretty skilled in all the trades. :)

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Sounds very cool!! - Will pass this info on as well.

Eshwhy Eskay

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks for spreading the word. It's pretty great when there's a full house here, but it's hard to find people who want to come up here in the winter, it's fucking awesome though. Snow is gorgeous, you can set giant fires without having to worry about burning down the woods. and we have 32 acres to burn.. I think people forget about the epic possibilities that arise when building materials and artillery fall from the sky. The fields turn into snow forts and snowball fights ensue and all your childhood play-doh creations become six feet tall. Plus we got this hook-up where we get all the area supermarkets food and stuff donated to the homeless shelter to "feed our animals" but we really just eat like kings. We live next to the dump in the richest town in Maine so we scavenge that place like crazy and built forts and set couches on fire. Maine is awesome, I love being ten minutes from Portland and the farm totally rocks, but I'm a pack animal so if I don't have a handful of people here I go stir crazy.

Reactions: Odin

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
Well shit,sounds interesting and a place of interest for myself if i was to hit the road once again possibly next summer or so.Got this damn itch man and i need to unplug from things around here and clear my head once again.Hmmm.If the offer is still up ill hit ya up.Maine sounds decent but it seems like the weather is good for only a few months out of the year then its a icey hell hole from my understanding lol.

ChrisKCMD

Reaction score
Finally made an account for the farm. Seems like everybody goes to NoLa for the winter. Fuck that shit. Come chill for a minute in Maine. I got a pretty cool spot and room for a few more.
man i just checked out the links you posted. the place is beautiful! do you pretty much have the option to take up permanent residence there??? I'm really interested in what yalls got going on

Eshwhy Eskay

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
So basically the deal is the farm was owned by my grandparents, who passed away. Now it's half my mother's and half my aunt's. The property turned into a dope house, then it was abandoned -no heat, water, or electric, filled with mice. I moved it, started fixing it up, housed up my friends, got the house looking pretty legit. Got a bunch of animals off craigslist, built barns out of pallets and tarps, fencing out of squid netting (mainecore) and made a farmstand, everything is dumpstered... including the food on the stand. The two owners are called "tenants in common" which means they have to agree on any changes made to the property (like kicking us out.) The aunt hates us. My mom doesn't want her 18 month old grandson homeless so there's this weird kind of stalemate. We have a plan to get actual ownership and we have a ton of people come through in the summer so we are going to spend the winter to making the farm as bad ass as possible. Stuff like clearing trees, making the place look quaint as fuck, painting murals, gonna try to put on a couple shows, can stuff, winterize the house, move the food stand into the basement, and a tree house stage. There's a post in crust surfing, you can check it out.

ChrisKCMD

Reaction score
well i grew up in the construction field and am no stranger to hard work. i live in the poconos and am prob moving to philly next year but id love to come up n check the place out and offer whatever help i can. communities like these are really important and id love to help even tho i wouldn't be living there

Eshwhy Eskay

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
well i grew up in the construction field and am no stranger to hard work. i live in the poconos and am prob moving to philly next year but id love to come up n check the place out and offer whatever help i can. communities like these are really important and id love to help even tho i wouldn't be living there
Yeah sure, PM me when you want to come up and we'll make you a spot.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads