Proper intro

D

deleted14783

Hey there community,

I've been lurking around for quite a while so it's about time I say hi. There's nothing special about me nor there ever will be. I'm mostly wasting gods' time, but as far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter much. I have no real idea about what to do with my life, so I keep living inside my own imagination. There's hardly anything that interests me besides getting the hell out of here. I might as well say I'm completely apathetic, which wouldn't be far from true. The only thing that's keeping my shit together is collage and my need for knowledge. I'm more or less self-taught and always have been, but to be fair there are some pretty awsome people I can still learn something from.

I've always dreamt of getting away, running and not looking back. I've had my ups and downs but never the balls to just go away. There are some private things I need to take care of before starting to pack. My plan has always been the same - go on a remote island / land and live there. Not necessarily for the rest of my life, but just for some time. Hopefully most of you undestand what I mean and the reason why I'd do that.

Politics have played a major role in my life. As much as I hate labels, they are absolutely necessary. I'm an anarchist. I mainly work with anarcho-syndicalists though I do not think of myself as one. On the contrary, I'm aware of the problems of revolutionary syndicalism and the reasons why it can never work as it once did. I lean towards insurrectionism when it comes to picking a method for achieving the nevercoming revolution. There have been some serious tries of creating a radical movment in my country, but ever since the 90s no one has been able to make one. The last one ( the only one I was a part of ) was 2 years ago, though I got completely rejected and a fight broke out ( not literally fists ). I've been more or less "dead" when it comes to the political scene ever since. I've completely lost all hope when I got dumped by my closest comrades. That's probably the main reason for my apathy - the realization you can't radicalize the world.

Lastly, I'm not perfect, no one is I guess. I'm extreamly lazy and unmotivated. I overthink everything I do and have a dose of arrogance inside of myself. You could say that I love to manipulate and I adore white lies ( I'm no serious liar tho, seriously this is not a lie ! :) ). But more than anything I like building walls between myself and others making it hard to get a real relationship / friendship. The walls are made so that no one can harm me in anyway, though I can do whatever the hell I want with the relationship I'm in ( not talking about sexual relationships only ). Meh...some bad habbits and shit I've been through made me stupid.

But hey, thanks for reading this long...

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
cool intro and welcome to STP! How much longer do you have in college? Thinking about places to go after?

kecleon

Reaction score
Fuck that sounded honest I'd love it if people introduced themselves like that in real life.

You're in Croatia? Plenty of islands to chill out on for a while !

Good luck man and maybe you can't change the whole world but you can change parts of it and influence people.

D

deleted14783

cool intro and welcome to STP! How much longer do you have in college? Thinking about places to go after?

Well at least a year and half more. I've been to more or less every country in Europe and the thing is, I just want to get out. The aim was to go to Asia or Afrika, depending on how much money will I be able to get by the time I'm ready to go. I've found some extreamly good looking islands in Asia ( from Indonesia towards Australia ). Also Argyll & the Isles in Scotland look really interesting and is probably first on my to-visit list. I've been to Greece many times, but I'm just in love with the culture and people there so I'm planning on going to Greece during this summer as well. Gee, when I write it down, lots of plans...

@jimyf Thanks :) Croatia indeed has lots of awsome islands, and I do visit them from time to time !

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads