Prometheus Rising

A

A New Name

I deleted myself
Perceval submitted a new file to the StP library:

Prometheus Rising - An owners manual to the human brain

"Prometheus Rising describes the landscape of human evolution and offers the reader an opportunity to become a conscious participant. In an astoundingly useful road map infused with humor and startling insight, Robert Anton Wilson presents the Eight Circuits of the Brain model as an essential guide for the effort to break free of imprinted and programmed behavior, Bob writes, "We are all giants, raised by pygmies, who have learned to walk with a perpetual mental crouch. Unleashing our full...
Click here for more information on this file.

Current Location
Cleveland Ohio
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
One of the greatest books I have ever read. Have read literally all of R.A.W.'s stuff including his plays (sic.) This and Q.P. are his best. Delve back into it from time to time but have never actually followed the exercises step by step. Something I want to do some day.

Current Location
Fort Worth, Tx
Reactions
0% 0% 0%
Why can’t I down load the book? I got an error saying it was removed because of its content.

fig

Wanderer
Current Location
Buffalo, NY
Reactions
98% 2% 0%
I adore that quote about giants raised by pygmies. A clear reference to the old adage about standing on the shoulders of giants ("nanos gigantum humeris insidentes") and the dangers of accepting and building on inherited knowledge. Of course I believe there is validity in at least a consideration of the conclusions from the past, but assumptions, whether on the merit of their origins or otherwise, are serious hazards, and obstacles to objective judgment. I also love the stories of Prometheus, though I've never been particularly interested in this book until now. Thanks for the link and suggestion!