Preparing for a Journey

nHedlund

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm glad I found this forum.

I'm sixteen, from Massachusetts, and after strugles with the system, can't wait to be independent. I'm saving money and preparing to squat at an old party spot in a large wooded area I believe is owned by the railroad company. We've been going there for years and have never had any trouble.

Anyway, I'm looking to learn more about rights as squatters and the lifestyles of a truly free people.

R

Rstank

if its a big party spot with people even outside your click (close group of friends that wont kill you or fuck with your shit) be careful

smellyskelly

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yea dude i had a spot near an old train bridge and a lot of problems started from people outside my "click" that couldn't deal with the fact other people hung out there as well. it's all silly but still not worth it.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Stay away from party spots, else you will have to break down and hide your camp every single day.

Rash L

Reaction score
I agree with finn, best to stay somewhere that few (or no) people really know about, in a place that others wont normally stumble upon.

jonom

Reaction score
If true freedom comes from living in the woods... you're delusional.

i don't understand why you say he's delusional. he didn't say that at all. he just wants to meet like-minded people who want to be free.

besides... the woods offer a break from all the... bullshit. it IS easier to be free in the wild.

true freedom is a choice.

and welcome to the forum nHedlund... you've stumbled onto the right place.

Mr. Expendable

Reaction score
If your trying to create a shanty town with your close ones... don't make it in a locals spot (party spot).... and don't tell all the locals kids about it because they'll just get drunk and burn your camp.... remember if the cops come those kids can run and get away... you on the other hand have your camp to worry about... but if it's in a big area, i mean who doesn't want to drink with al the local punks or whatever, make your camp quite a distance away from"the spot" and make it completely hidden sticks bushes ect.... and hey it may even work as a get away spot for when the cops come... I've had a lot of experiences with shanty towns being build up from nothing and watching them be torn down by cops and most of the time it's because stupid people who can't just kick back and drink a beer

nHedlund

Reaction score
It's actually quite a large area. As of now only one other person knows about the spot I've picked, I should've been more clear. There's spots in the same woods where there's always fires and parties, but the place I cleared out is a good distance away from that, and a nice hike through a maze of trails.

I appreciate the acceptance from you guys, and I freedom isn't living in the woods, there's so many ways to find it. I've loved the wilderness since I was a kid so I'm very comfortable there, and I find a certain peacefullness living off the land persay, rather than the rest of society.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads