Portland or Colorado, Trying to Choose | Squat the Planet

Portland or Colorado, Trying to Choose

SeymourSparechange

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
My first two picks are Portland, OR, and anywhere in Colorado. I've heard Colorado has worse laws than Portland when it comes to "criminalization of the homeless", and that Portland has laws that do not make it illegal for the homeless to sleep in public, set up tents, panhandle, etc... but I also wonder... after watching Seattle is Dying and learning about the community's growing hatred/apathy towards the homeless, in part, due to the extremely lax laws regarding the homeless. I fear that anywhere with significantly favorable homeless laws might suggest that the citizens of that place would also be apathetic or hateful towards the homeless.

Conversely, with Colorado, I know the laws are generally the same as anywhere else with regards to their homeless laws, bu the positive side is that weed is 100% legal, community views on the homeless may be more favorable than Portland's, and it would be closer to where I am now in Ohio, and therefore cheaper to finance the Greyhound bus. Do you have any thoughts?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i think portland is pretty dead at this point.

but, you have told us what your plans/intentions are? like, are you just traveling? trying to get a place, settle down? just plan on bumming it? these things might help us give you a more accurate reason as to why one might be better than the other.

SeymourSparechange

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I'm gonna be homeless wherever I go, and I'm not necessarily looking for a permanent place just a starting state. I will eventually leave wherever I am, but I want to find a good starting place. From the sound of it, Colorado is looking more and more promising.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads