2021 Jamboree - POLL: Who's comin to the Jambo? | Squat the Planet

2021 Jamboree POLL: Who's comin to the Jambo?

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2021 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Just tryna get an idea for how many people will be going. And who's bringin their dogs with em?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@Daisy and I are coming, I believe we'll be bringing a few folks from idaho including @dumpsternavel

vajrabond

Reaction score
I'm interested in going and will be in the PNW with my bike all summer. Problem is I'm going to Washington this week, so would likely have to double back months down the road with an Amtrak. Also as someone who has been sober for a couple years now, is there anyone doing a sober camp away from the party area this year? Be cool to see folks, but also being stuck on an island with a bunch of folks raging it up for a couple days sounds potentially dreadful. Ha.

CouchPunx

Reaction score
I'm interested in going and will be in the PNW with my bike all summer. Problem is I'm going to Washington this week, so would likely have to double back months down the road with an Amtrak. Also as someone who has been sober for a couple years now, is there anyone doing a sober camp away from the party area this year? Be cool to see folks, but also being stuck on an island with a bunch of folks raging it up for a couple days sounds potentially dreadful. Ha.
I don't know if there's gonna be enough people to have separate camps, but I've been sober two years and always set up my sleeping spot away from whoever i'm with, and when the drinking gets heavy i disappear. If the island is big enough I'd be happy to set up with other sober people so there's a place we can pass out or even if any drinkers wanna just take a night off or don't wanna hit it that hard they know they have an out.

Not sure what people who have been to the island would think of how possible that might be.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Not sure what people who have been to the island would think of how possible that might be.
there should be plenty enough space to do that if people want to :)

Tony G

Reaction score
Thats exactly what im thinking it could be a drag man

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Theres a separate area down on the beach from where the main
There's a separate area down on the beach from where the main camp will be where there's 4 picnic tables and fire pits. The main camp will be up on a bluff that's close but far enough away you won't have to watch people drinking

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i have returned to austin to work and save more money but luckily i can confirm that i just bought a plane ticket there and back so i will definitely be there.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
you won't have to watch people drinking

I'm not gonna be there honest just honest...

cuz im still a bum....

but I can express my wish to be

anyway.... the quote about I don't get.... it'sr good ... lol drinkinkg

seee what I did there.

also....

I been having a crazy good time here this year as restrictions ease up.... dumpster score like good

I totally got a nice cheap leather chair to sit in at my spot... I mean I had to carry it there but that is ok....

i got apples and oranges all the time... nice and free

booze sometimes... free... sometimesz well you do what you do...

so mostly

if i was to talk in depth on the science of dumpster diving with dumpsternavel.... that would would be cool... plus good.

and...

cough cough...

someday I should be at the jambo... so me and matt can be like ... a staring contest... ...

😂

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
@CrowTheBard
biggerboat.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Jerrell

Reaction score
I'm 75% sure I'll make it since I'm in NorCal.

I'm a traveler tho. There's a 5% chance I'll end up in Mexico instead.

Jerrell

Reaction score
I'm 75% sure I'll make it since I'm in NorCal.

I'm a traveler tho. There's a 5% chance I'll end up in Mexico instead.
Okay, now I'm at 99% and +1.

Told you, I'm a traveler. Travel plans change three times before noon almost daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads