Never saw this coming... | Squat the Planet

Never saw this coming...

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
hmm ok mah dear need a little more info. Where are you, still in school? and such or other - we are working on some homeless youth and other stuff at the moment too that is in edit form. We see this quite a bit and want to help and have been building a resource for this so a bit more information, K? Can't guarantee anything but perhaps some other members will chime in if you tell where you are. Be safe where you are though.

• Wow
Reactions: photobusking
K

Kim Chee

You're in plenty good hands here. Like @Tude said, more info is needed. Along with your general location, maybe write where you would like to travel to (if you'd like to try traveling). Traveling is a great career, btw...it is just a little short on pay.

Cirno9

Reaction score
Well surely you can find friends here that are in the same situation or have been in the past. Do you want friends in the real world in the same situation to sort of help each other out or is it info or a nice chat online you need? If you are not in Seattle and need the latter I am here for you, I like new friends, iv been homeless for about 11 months but I just up and traveled for most of it to feel not so :s. Let us know what you actually need! Thanks!

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
Ok here goes, im advice would be, try not to look at this as a negative perhaps you just had a blessing in disguise. Houses tend to fence us in, keep us on the tv watching other people live their lives. Get out and get your adventure on. Yor gonna be outside amongest it all. Go live downtown somewhere or go to that city you've always wanted to check out, or better yet THOSE cities. Lokk at it as the beginning of an adventure. Remember your not homeless your homefree. Gooodluck and we!come to the masses of us get to sleep out under the stars all night.

Reaction score
More specifics definitely needed... like what you want to do. I know you need help but where are you so we can guide you the right way? And do you want resources to survive and get back to your old life or do you want to thrive on the road and travel and see what adventure is out there?
For homeless and wanna go home kinda folks its fairly easy to get help and shelter and programs especially as a female... but i dont sense that you want to go right back to whatever your old life was. Its takes time to "become" homeless so im guessing you either had substance issues, authority issues, or a serious desire and curiosity for travel and adventure. Whatever brought you this far, welcome to the club!
Best luck, much love and happy trails!

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
well, as you can see from all the responses you've gotten so far, you're in the right place. if you need to talk or need advice, feel free to hit any of us up.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
There's a difference, i would think, between homelessness & residencelessness..

homelessness is generally used to connotate an unwilling state of poverty which precludes legal occupation of a fixed and serviceable shelter.

if you *want* a fixed residence, then def see who's around to help you out..
if yer in a state of flux, because you've lost your place & don't know if you should travel or try to settle again, then try to assess what your needs are in relation to what you possess and what you desire to keep and what you desire to *do*.

sometimes traveling is simply a fight against the determinations placed upon us by law.
we can't compromise & aren't allowed to live as we wish we could, so we bet pushed around from one place to the next, until maybe we find where we are pushed no more.. that may be homelessness, also.. --wanting a home, but never having one, since we are often deemed undeserving.

sometimes traveling is exploration..

sometimes it is out & out adventure..

if it is the thing that is desired first, it is almost always meaningfull, in one way or another
& a hell of a lot of times just out & out fun...

as everyone is noting, specifics are needed to point at things we know which you might find relevant..

good luck & don't become overly sad..

i can't say there is always freedom, but there sure as hell are states of less subjugation as opposed to others..
often they are simply what we choose to be, inside..

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads