Discussion Perhaps an StP Dungeons & Dragons group? (1 Viewer)

Would you be willing to dedicate 2-4 hours to play D&D once a week?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
So I've posted about this before, but now that I'm getting settled in here in Austin, would anyone be interested in playing a D&D campaign online? Those interested would need a computer and a microphone (i can help you find a cheap/good one for as little as $20) and be willing to dedicate 4-6 months playing once a week for 2-4 hours. I would give you everything you need so it would be completely free minus your time.

I'd probably use Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds, along with our discord server. Campaign would be Curse of Strahd.

Just trying to gauge if there would be enough interest in this, looking for 4-6 players of any experience level (newbies welcome).

on a side note, i know this isn't travel related, but i'm planning to make an expaneded 'off the road' section for stuff like this and when i do i'll move it there.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Wile E Coyote

Pilgrim
Current Location
New England
Not online, but I just played DnD for the last 18 months in prison. We played about 8 hrs a day/3 days a week. What version? I've read through the 5.0 books and some of 3.5

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
good question! this would be 5th edition. i imagine you would have to really DIY it in prison, still that's a pretty great way to kill time there.

Dameon

Vagabond
Current Location
Northern California
I do have all these things, plus a Player's Handbook and Monstrous Manual...depending on when and what day, I'd be down, but the time/day may be the hardest thing to nail down

R3d

Simulacrum
StP Supporter
Current Location
Not exactly sure
This would be f'ing awesome. I can't commit because I'm on the road but I'm pulling for this idea!

Mintkid

Lurker
Current Location
Delaware
So I've posted about this before, but now that I'm getting settled in here in Austin, would anyone be interested in playing a D&D campaign online? Those interested would need a computer and a microphone (i can help you find a cheap/good one for as little as $20) and be willing to dedicate 4-6 months playing once a week for 2-4 hours. I would give you everything you need so it would be completely free minus your time.

I'd probably use Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds, along with our discord server. Campaign would be Curse of Strahd.

Just trying to gauge if there would be enough interest in this, looking for 4-6 players of any experience level (newbies welcome).

on a side note, i know this isn't travel related, but i'm planning to make an expaneded 'off the road' section for stuff like this and when i do i'll move it there.
I'd love to play! I've been playing 5E for about 6 or 7 years now I think and I'd be happy to teach any other newbie players how to play as well. I also have all the core rulebooks in PDF form I'm willing to donate to the cause!

MetalBryan

Pilgrim
Current Location
Washington, DC
After clicking "yes" I realize I am so restless that if these 4-6 players got a sublet or campsite to crash & play this campaign in person, I would likely start packing.

Daisy

Current Location
america
I've heard good things about roll20 but its not too good for mobile. I'm definitely down (provided I can find a place with internet once a week). I have been playing some 5th edition now and its not too far from 1st/2nd so I can definitely pick it up. Definitely would need others to spearhead the bones of the campaign but I can help keep the flow of the game going once started. My biggest obstacle is that I still don't fully get how discord works but if you get me in the loop when setting up the discord game and I see it being put together piece by piece I should be gucci. (I have a friend who is trying to get me into his discord game and its overwhelming as fuck. I very much do like this quantum physics mechanism he's been using.

Definitely helps with flexibility and inconsistent players.

Let me know how this goes.

Daisy

Current Location
america
Basically your character, if in a quest, can be there and not there without the character just going on auto pilot if you miss a session. And also can simultaneously be in other quests and gaining exp.

Daisy

Current Location
america
Its a good tool if your character is key to the plot or has a important item and you're not there to play. It doesn't really matter, it's just a fancy way of maintaining authenticity for other leveled nerds lol. I think their is more to it but that's the jist

EmmaAintDead

Pro-Crime /// Anti-Peace
StP Supporter
Current Location
Chicago
my work schedule is kinda all over the place, so my "yes" is a little more hopeful than I'd like it to be. But I'd love to be a part of it and will try to keep time open if it materializes

Dunedrifter

Current Location
Eureka, California
What a coincidence! Yesterday I was looking into playing D&D, googled it, and discovered it’s blowing up huge these days. I’ve never played, but remember my brother and his nerdy friends gathering for late night sessions.

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
What a coincidence! Yesterday I was looking into playing D&D, googled it, and discovered it’s blowing up huge these days. I’ve never played, but remember my brother and his nerdy friends gathering for late night sessions.
yeah dnd is blowing up these days. i got into it about 2 years ago after watching stranger things and thinking 'why have i never gotten into this [D&D]?' and just kind of went down a rabbit hole from there. i googled "can you play dnd online" thinking i would get zero results and was pretty surprised, then i found critical role and it was pretty much all over from there.

if people were into it we could maybe live stream it just for shits and giggles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

There's a meme called SPEED KIRB. You're welcome.
Finally printed up physical copies of my hitchin' story! Cover art by @spiffypairofspoons on instagram. I added some doodles and stuff to help with formatting, and I'll be carrying copies of these when my band goes on tour in the spring!

I can busk on the way, I usually let people staple their money to me with a staple gun, spit fire or perform other masochistic acts for money.
The guide told me to type my interests and shit here, help people get to know me, I made this so i could get help catching a Freight Train to Seattle and get there by the 20th of December, 2019, never hopped a train before, thought it'd be a fun thing to do. I'm tryna get to more punk shows. Actually pretty straight edge, keep my habits to shows and campfires.
lmfao!!! im figuring this desktop thing out way slow... totally different than a mobile. this site makes way more sens to navigate on a desk top... had no clue this was going to pop up on the main lmfao!!!! it does!!! always wonderd why ppl seen my shit that didnt fallow me!!!! im getting it... slowly...
anybody ride form grand junction co to slc lately? whats the ride like rn?
A Jack-of-all-trades, and a master at being MEDIOCRE
gkyuguhilhhjkbkjgyvhgcdtrs56t7y89u0ipklnbhrtyujnutrefr7yjnkihw tov hhtol
roughdraft wrote on Hobo richard's profile.
nice to have you, welcome to the forum