Pellet/BB gun...

bote

Reaction score
my friend had one in his backpack this summer, on his way to the store to try and find air cartridges. He saw a guy he knew on the street, and mentioned what he was up to, the guy said he had some old cartridges at his house. So my friend opened his pack to show the gun (without taking it out) to make sure they were talking about the same thing (same kind of co2 cartridges). Then they kept walking. Like 2 minutes later, cop cars drive up on the curb, cops jump up with their guns out, they make my friend lie down, cuff him, etc. Apparently, when he opened his pack, some nosy motherfucker saw the gun, thought it was real and called the cops. So my friend got busted downtown in front of hundreds of people, and the cops were pissed when they found out it was a pellet gun, and gave him a ticket anyway, for "having played with an air gun in a public place".
So I guess it's technically not illegal, but it can still be a hassle because guns freak people out.

Gary

Reaction score
i think its illegal to carry them in public... and if you have one with the little orange tip then removing that is illegal.

D

DanteWhisko

:soldier: i carry my pellet gun everywhere, loaded, with co2.
but i also have a triggerlock.
never had a problem when bring searched.
i have a "bible holder" and i keep co2 in the zipper and the gun in the main pocket. also triggerlocks are like 5 bux im pretty sure.
and keep the key in with the co2
arnie never has a trigger lock. always loaded co2 in, safety doesnt work, so it goes off sometimes, but you can make it look like the safetys on.
depends on who fucking with you.

D

DanteWhisko

idk, any sporting goods store, gander mtn, fleet farm, stockmans, probass? walmart... just to name a few
mines plastic, idk how much they run for, they probably make better ones too.
but its a pain in the ass keeping that plastic key safe.
if one little peice breaks ill have to cut the bastard off.

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
pellet guns are a problem, because they obviously. look like guns. i imagine one wouldn't get nearly the hassle with a wrist rocket[slingshot]. alittle hint for those random illeagle searches and carrying illeagles.tell the cop you have scabies' that has stopped them in there tracks for me several times.

Reactions: Kamil

FLoP

Reaction score
So I've been wondering, anyone carry a pellet gun. I have a pellet rifle that is the pump kind so you can get some real power from it. I made it a sawed off so it will fit in my pack. It's still pretty accurate. I assume I would have to carry the pellets separate incase I get stopped. But I was thinking about it for (1) poppin a squirrel or rabbit for food, (2) just plain fun, shooting cans and other people from a distance in the ass or something. And (3) if it's dark out that shit looks like a real sawed off.....just incase. It would be nice to have a pistol, but this thing has so much power behind it after 10 pumps.

Dead horse

Reaction score
Um, so what are trying to say? You ditching the pump for a pistol of just gonna keep it? I bet you could fish with one of those if your quick enough

Unslap

Reaction score
I'm interested in the same thing. I figured I could get a decent pellet gun for 100-150 bones. Removing the stock would reduce the gun's weight from 6 lbs to about 3, though might ruin its accuracy/functionality. Sounds fun as hell for traveling.
According to Wikipedia, possession is restricted/prohibited in Illinois, Michigan, and lots of cities like San Fran, Philadelphia.... So you might be screwed if you're searched in these cities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun_laws#United_States

There's another similar thread to this one from a few years back

Unslap

Reaction score
remove rear portion of stock; attach sling; twist/wrap sling around arm/shoulder while aiming.
So have you actually heard of people doing this or is it just a great idea of yours?

frzrbrnd

Reaction score
not really sure, actually. i used to be way more interested in gun culture than i am now, so i may have seen a picture of someone doing it or read about it before, but i've forgotten. it makes a certain amount of intuitive sense to me, though. many people who have slings on full-size rifles will twist the sling around their left arm (if they use their right to shoot with) in order to stabilize that arm. using the same principle, it makes sense that you could twist the sling around the shooting arm's shoulder so that when you have the gun in a comfortable shooting position, it also tightens around the shoulder to stabilize your aim similar to if you actually had the stock pressed against your shoulder.

Reactions: Unslap

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
In New Jersey, pellet/BB guns and slingshots are certainly illegal, but they are legal in PA(except in Philly).
Also illegal in NJ is drinking in State Parks and playing with fireworks... nothing is legal here anymore!

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
In New Jersey, pellet/BB guns and slingshots are certainly illegal, but they are legal in PA(except in Philly).
Also illegal in NJ is drinking in State Parks and playing with fireworks... nothing is legal here anymore!
I had that problem when I lived there. I went to dicks sporting goods and they told me I needed a fire arms permit.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads