I just don't know | Squat the Planet

I just don't know

Traveler

Reaction score
I was talking to my mom this morning. She was telling me about some of her near future goals. Then, and I'm still unsure how her conversation got from a-b, she starts attempting to tell me that manipulating people is easy. "You know you can manipulate people, get what you want."

I instantly shut down. Panic, anxiety, fear, hate, rage, confusion. The woman who raised me is telling me about using people. My mother, is a sociopath.

I've always respected her because I thought she was a person of high moral standing. Now I couldn't feel more disconnected from her. I don't want to exist anymore.

Falken

Reaction score
Manipulation is so evil. But not wholly I guess... reminds me of the yin-yang symbol. Sorry you're going through this... I've been going through some stuff with my own mother that there's no clear solution to. She's had a hard life and whether you want to or not you can start taking things out on the ones you love and it goes both ways. Anyway I just wanted to give my regards and I hope you start to feel better. Message me if you ever just need someone to listen.

Reactions: dprogram
K

Kim Chee

When I hear somebody disclose something like this (discovering an unsavory characteristic about someone close), I tell them, "at least you know who you are dealing with".

Kind of disappointing to have a person fall so far who you respected so much for so long. I'll assume you're an adult and that when the shock wears off you'll feel a little better about it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads