Paranormal Activity

A

AlwaysLost

Let me preface this post with the fact that I am still a skeptic when it comes to ghosts. Until I see an apparition shimmering in front of me, get sucked into a television or get slimed by a giant green blob: I will always remain a skeptic. That being said there has been an increasing amount of eery occurrences at the Spider City Squat.

Yesterday I took the Lewis and Clark trail to the quickiemart to get some munchies. When I returned. I heard the lock slide open and I kid you not the front door opened right in front of me. I know I locked the door because it is a giant hassle to get it locked and you cant shut the door without locking it. My hand immediately reached for my knife.

There was no one there. I just laughed a little shakily. I said 'thank you very much my friend.' Later that day I was bleaching the Spider City Squat because i just got running water. I left the bleach bucket of water holding the door to the bathroom open. I was ready to take a break.

About 10 minutes later, I hear creek, creek, creeek, Then, I hear the bucket slide and the the handle to the bucket fall down. I rush to the bathroom with my Thor Hammer aka metal pipe that I carry because well Spider City is on the edge of the ghetto.

I come round the corner and I see the door moving slightly. Then... I hear creek, creek, creek and I feel a chill rush through me. At this point, I felt like pissing myself because the door is made out of particle board. It shouldn't have the strength to push a bucket with 2 liters of water in it.

But if there is a poltergeist living with me, it doesn't seem malevolent. It kind of goes about its own business. And I only have an occurrence about once a week. Plus its a friendly ghost that opens the door for me when I get home... right?

I rationalize these events by saying that their is a spring in the lock that slid open, and that air pressure moved the bucket and the door. Its just an old house making noise. But I'm thinking bout making me a ouijii board out of cardboard and a shot glass.

What do you guys think? Tell me your thoughts on the supernatural and please share any ghost stories or unexplained phenomenon you have encountered?

Last edited:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
::greedy:: I think you are sharing your squat with more than your 8 legged creepy crawlies!!

• Haha
Reactions: roughdraft and Odin
D

Deleted member 125

i was convinced for about a week that i saw ghosts pushing the cars on the block i used to live on but after i eventually told my roommates what i saw they reminded me that i was on drugs that night...so thats about all i got when it comes to paranormal stuff.

Jerrell

Reaction score
I'm the biggest skeptic when it comes to shit I can't measure with science.
My brother and I were talking last night about one time when he lived in a basement of a house that was haunted.
I've been there by myself and both the dog and I heard someone walking upstairs. Thought my brother or his roommates was back from wherever and went up to find nobody and all the doors still locked. I cleared the house checking every space a human could fit in and nada.
Another time my brother and I were sitting there watching a DVD and it sounded like someone was talking (albeit muffled) through the speaker. We tried to recreate the sound several times by replaying the part of the movie it happened at to no avail. That sound still spooks me when I think about it and I don't get spooked very easy at all.
The way I see it, whether its ghosts or a parallel universe, if they ain't trying to kill me, just let them do their thing.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

I have been also most of my life... you know how it is high school and college physics, biology, geology...

Then I grew up and started to question things.

Funny how Genes used to BE touted as a fatalistic excuse for fate... and now its just a series of switches and nature VS nurture is far from settled.... you know environment and methale markers switching genes off and on... llol

at least Im not an expert but believe the basic function is this"

Each cell expresses, or turns on, only a fraction of its genes. The rest of the genes are repressed, or turned off. The process of turning genes on and off is known as gene regulation. Gene regulation is an important part of normal development.

WE Have trouble understanding the workings of our bodies..how can you completely disregard the ideas of the paranormal...

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Jerrell

Reaction score
I believe we'll have the technology someday to measure the paranormal. I just meant that I'm not one to jump to supernatural conclusions before exhausting every logical one I can come up with. haha

anterrabae

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
754 Weather Vane Dr, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, US
I wish.. Ive had zero encounters, though.

Neither here nor there about it as a result. Although I am an extremely superstitious guy and constantly paying as close attention as I can to whats going on around me. Smelling the air, so to speak..

Be interesting to hear what further developments ir experiments you have in attempt to interact.

Reactions: Odin

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
I don't know, man. That kind of thing creeps me out. I've been on a few ghost walks through the years and never saw anything, but some of the stories made chills run down my spine.

Been told that sudden warmth or chill is the ghost walking through you.

There are a lot of creepy things that have happened over the years in and around Gettysburg. So much so that you have to wonder if it's real or not.

If it was me, I'd probably leave. I'm too much of a wimp when it comes to things I can't explain.

Reactions: roughdraft

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
All you have to do is spend a night or two out on the rez to know paranormal activity is real.

roughdraft

Reaction score
I have two experiences with very vivid - to say undeniable - sightings, such as @Gaucho Deluxe described above. & many more that were 'warmth walking through me' where there was nothing else around that could have caused it / what's described in the original post where it's impossible to have been 'just the wind' .

These were mostly in the house I grew up in, including the first actual sighting. The second one was on a hillside graveyard up in New England.

Agreeing that they are (so far as I've been able to trace) benign entities, I'm even inclined to agree that having the door to your squat opened is a sign of respect!

A

AlwaysLost

i was convinced for about a week that i saw ghosts pushing the cars on the block i used to live on but after i eventually told my roommates what i saw they reminded me that i was on drugs that night...so thats about all i got when it comes to paranormal stuff.

lol Ive been there too...but Ive been sober for about 10 years now lol So i dont think its that.

A

AlwaysLost

I see dead people all the time. Its no big deal. Like walking down the street. Or a dog walking with its previous owner. I usually don't see them out right but its like their energy carries on energy already there same thing with telepathy. Kinda hard to explain.

I have sixth sense.Everything in my life usually happens exactly the way i see it but thats just intuition. Funny thing is despite the insight i am powerless to stop it when it happens. But I've known when several family members have died before i was even notified. it runs in my family. But I dont entire believe in it. Thats cool that you have that medium power. Im not sure I could handle that. I want to watch IT so bad but the original made me wet the bed as a child.

A

AlwaysLost

I have two experiences with very vivid - to say undeniable - sightings, such as @Gaucho Deluxe described above. & many more that were 'warmth walking through me' where there was nothing else around that could have caused it / what's described in the original post where it's impossible to have been 'just the wind' .

These were mostly in the house I grew up in, including the first actual sighting. The second one was on a hillside graveyard up in New England.

Agreeing that they are (so far as I've been able to trace) benign entities, I'm even inclined to agree that having the door to your squat opened is a sign of respect!

If there is a ghost. Its definitely a nice one. It doesnt seem to be bothered by me lol

A

AlwaysLost

I don't know, man. That kind of thing creeps me out. I've been on a few ghost walks through the years and never saw anything, but some of the stories made chills run down my spine.

Been told that sudden warmth or chill is the ghost walking through you.

There are a lot of creepy things that have happened over the years in and around Gettysburg. So much so that you have to wonder if it's real or not.

If it was me, I'd probably leave. I'm too much of a wimp when it comes to things I can't explain.

Im jelly of you I always wanted to visit gettysburg! Ive never actaully seen a ghost either. ..plus I got the woman down the streets number I dont think im leaving any time soon lol. She even likes to travel! so maybe I get a road dog too.

A

AlwaysLost

My brother and I were talking last night about one time when he lived in a basement of a house that was haunted.
I've been there by myself and both the dog and I heard someone walking upstairs. Thought my brother or his roommates was back from wherever and went up to find nobody and all the doors still locked. I cleared the house checking every space a human could fit in and nada.
Another time my brother and I were sitting there watching a DVD and it sounded like someone was talking (albeit muffled) through the speaker. We tried to recreate the sound several times by replaying the part of the movie it happened at to no avail. That sound still spooks me when I think about it and I don't get spooked very easy at all.
The way I see it, whether its ghosts or a parallel universe, if they ain't trying to kill me, just let them do their thing.

Agreed I dont try to interact its like Constantine said once you can see them they can see you and they dont like it. But still id like to have direct proof. Ive had a lot of encounters but nothing I cannot explain rationally.

paiche

Reaction score
Those things are freaky but it sounds like you have a friendly ghost/spirit/something? hopefully? I've definitely felt heavy duty presence of some sort of spirit or consciousness, I don't profess to know what it is but I do know how it feels. I feel it most with plant spirits, but those are playful and pleasant. Only twice have I had an experience where I was thinking wow, that is a ghost. The freakiest one was in a house I rented with a friend in Missoula. The little fucker would always lock me out of the apartment if I came back too late if I didn't hang out with him. I only noticed this ghosty thing when I was alone. The first time that I had to spend the night outside on the second floor deck throughout the night there was the sound of foot steps, then when the foot steps got to the top it would just be quiet and I would feel tension like some one was watching me but no one was there. Inside the house if I was home alone and not in the kitchen I would hear utensils and plates and shit moving around in the kitchen. The first couple times I didn't dare to go into the kitchen because I felt this hair raising tension. One day I worked up the nerve to ask my roommate about it. and right away he know what I as talking about. he had had similar experiences but only while alone in the house. The craziest time was when I was laying in bed, I took a nap and woke up to the sound of someone rattling around in the kitchen. I felt brave this time and the thought came to my head that I was going to sit up and so sneak into the kitchen and see if I could actually see things moving around, I thought this as I sat up and all the busy noise ceased at the very same time that I sat up and this heavy wave like an energy rush swooshed to my open door and just stopped right at the threshold of my door. I could feel it like the high energy you feel in the wind when there is a wild storm but without the movement of the air. The presence at the door was very real to me but I could still m=not see it with my eyes. I just sat there with my hair raised and I was repeating a mantra "Ok I won't go into your space if you don't go into mine. I promise I will not ever look to see what you are doing, I won't go into your space if you don't go into mine, I promise..." I said that like three times and the energy just kinda poofed away. It just dissipated or something. That ghost was upset about something and I was very uncomfortable there.

• Useful
Reactions: Odin
A

AlwaysLost

Ok so the events are slowing down
Those things are freaky but it sounds like you have a friendly ghost/spirit/something? hopefully? I've definitely felt heavy duty presence of some sort of spirit or consciousness, I don't profess to know what it is but I do know how it feels. I feel it most with plant spirits, but those are playful and pleasant. Only twice have I had an experience where I was thinking wow, that is a ghost. The freakiest one was in a house I rented with a friend in Missoula. The little fucker would always lock me out of the apartment if I came back too late if I didn't hang out with him. I only noticed this ghosty thing when I was alone. The first time that I had to spend the night outside on the second floor deck throughout the night there was the sound of foot steps, then when the foot steps got to the top it would just be quiet and I would feel tension like some one was watching me but no one was there. Inside the house if I was home alone and not in the kitchen I would hear utensils and plates and shit moving around in the kitchen. The first couple times I didn't dare to go into the kitchen because I felt this hair raising tension. One day I worked up the nerve to ask my roommate about it. and right away he know what I as talking about. he had had similar experiences but only while alone in the house. The craziest time was when I was laying in bed, I took a nap and woke up to the sound of someone rattling around in the kitchen. I felt brave this time and the thought came to my head that I was going to sit up and so sneak into the kitchen and see if I could actually see things moving around, I thought this as I sat up and all the busy noise ceased at the very same time that I sat up and this heavy wave like an energy rush swooshed to my open door and just stopped right at the threshold of my door. I could feel it like the high energy you feel in the wind when there is a wild storm but without the movement of the air. The presence at the door was very real to me but I could still m=not see it with my eyes. I just sat there with my hair raised and I was repeating a mantra "Ok I won't go into your space if you don't go into mine. I promise I will not ever look to see what you are doing, I won't go into your space if you don't go into mine, I promise..." I said that like three times and the energy just kinda poofed away. It just dissipated or something. That ghost was upset about something and I was very uncomfortable there.

That is scary as heck...if it was that bad i would be out of there. So far as creepy as it is everything can be explained by old house. But the night I felt the chill right before the toilet did this excorcist spew up and out like someone had tossed an m-80 in there I damn near packed my bags lol.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads