Packing help | Squat the Planet

Packing help

garrisons

Reaction score
Hey y'all I need some help I have pack list and and I'm need to know if im taking too much or not. I have a large Alice pack that have no frame on it

Clothes:

3 jeans

black hoodie

3 t shirts

3 pairs of underwear

4 socks

Gloves

Beanie

boots

2 ponchos

Rain coat

3 coats

Shelter:

Sleeping bag

A wool blanket

A regular blanket

Light weight tarp

A Tent

Cooking and food:

Fork/knife/spoon

Snacks
-Small jar of peanut butter
- 2 cans of soup
- apples

Emergency food rations

Gallon of water

Water bottle

Misc:

Lighter

Flash light

Duct tape

Phone

Phone charger

Ear plugs

Sharpie

Money

SunGlasses

Multi tool

pocket knife

Entertainment:

Deck of cards

Hygene:

5 gallons Solar shower

2 bars of soaps

2 Shampoos and conditioners 2 in 1

Small first aid kit
-ibuprofen
-Imodium
-Tweezers
-bandages
-Super glue
-little sanitary wipes
-tums

Toothbrush and tooth paste

Towel

Washcloth

Toilet Paper

Last edited:

Bedheadred

Reaction score
Let me give you some advice.. pack all this into your pack and go on a couple mile walk. Are you willing to constantly carry this much weight? You have a lot of significantly unnecasary things on your list. In my opinion you should drop the following things:
Towel and washcloth
The solar shower, soap, and shampoo stuff
Tent and both blankets, you only need tarp and sleeping bag
You only need one good warm coat, no ponchos, rain coat i guess if youre planning on going somewhere it rains a lot
And at least 1 pair of jeans, id say 2 but some people like to have 2 pairs of pants

And thats my advice if you plan on carrying your pack on your back

adventurekid

Reaction score
Hmm this is real similar to my list. My advice: cut down on the clothes, especially on pants shirts and coats. 1 coat is plenty. Instead of taking blankets and a sleeping bag, get a sleeping bag for lower temperatures, that way you will still be warm and not have so much extra weight. I agree with the idea of walking a few miles with your pack. Get a good idea of how heavy that all is and if you're willing to carry all of that weight around.

A

AlwaysLost

Dump everything but the money and the multitool...jk lol but that would make a good video.

Everything Red said and ditch the fork and knife...your survival or defense knife will cut food just as well. I've never seen anything a fork can do that a spoon cant. Just bend a spoon in half and attach it on a weight-bearing caribeaner along with your p51 can opener (p42 is for %ussies) jk jk lol

If you are in cities you can always find plastic silverware at the quickiemart and you dont have to clean it afterwords.

Reactions: JackSquat

VtJake

Reaction score
I'd cut most of what others said, but I'd bring more socks... doing laundry is not always an option and taking care of your feet while traveling and in general is extremely important, plus after a few days wearing the same pair it feels great to put the on clean socks

Rich

Reaction score
If you are going to access homeless resources you really don't need all that. I carry a lot because I like the convenience but I usually start out with the clothes I am wearing and a wallet. Your priorities should be food, water, shelter, fire, cell phone. Most everything else you can figure out. But just an FYI my pack is 60lbs. I carry it easily now but it takes a few weeks to get that kind of conditioning. Also ditch the solar shower. What are you really going to do with that? Gather up creek water, hang it up for a few hours then realize it's still cold, wash up in the creek instead and then have to take down, drain, and pack up a still wet plastic bag with a tube and drag it along? If you really want something like that pick up a black trash bag in whatever town you go to, hang it up, fill it, then poke a few holes in it and throw it out when done. Or go to a homeless charity and shower.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads