Packing- Fall/Winter Alaska

acepotato

Reaction score
Hey y'all.

I'm heading up to Alaska in a few weeks to work as a deckhand on a boat for a bit. Never been up to Alaska- got hooked up b/c a friend fishes there. Clueless about what to bring for fall/winter. The salmon season is only for a bit longer- so I'll only be working for like a month, and then I'll be living in a little boat that a friend owns for the winter, likely docked around the Sitka area.

Necessities for decking a salmon boat?
And for surviving winter living on a boat?

P.s. if anyone knows any good work around Sitka for Winter- also hit me up. canneries, etc. that don't pay complete shit.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
An old member @railroadron is back in anchorage and he had some threads on here about the fishing industry there as well as what he carries as he does a lot of camping and hiking there - I tried a search for his stuff but I think it is archived? @Matt Derrick - anyway I will send him a message but he can also be contacted via facebook at "ron tawny woods" . Have fun there (besides the work) - his pics of them on their hikes and glaciers etc are awesome.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads