pac safe travel gear security

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&activity_id=6 basically it's a metal gage type thing that goes over your back pack and gear attached to the outside. and then they'res a cable attached to that that you can use to secure around a tree or a pole if sleeping in a squat with un trustworthey people or something of that nature.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
well the one I have costs about 75$ and the gear in my pack is worth way more than double that.

jonom

Reaction score
this is great. now i can hide my pack in a tree AND lock it.

compass

Lost
Reaction score
I don't know, I carry a pair of Klein Lineman Pliers, they're nice because they're just a big pair of pliers, don't look too suspicious, but they'll cut chain link fences quick. I bet I could cut that shit. I've seen some people that even pack bolt cutters. Could be a good deterrent though, most people don't carry around stuff like that.

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Good system for four legged critters,but would take about 5 min. with a file to cut the main draw cable.Might work better if the cable had a free floating sleave of steel mesh,like on some plumbing lines.Works on the same principal as a modern jailhouse bar,which is a tube with a free floating steel rod inside.If you can't keep the outside still,or the inside;you can't finish cutting thru.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
um, well I already bought it. hopefully no fuckers like you stumble upon my pack, LoL.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I could cut the cable with my multitool in less than a minute. But if you're a heavy sleeper, I guess you don't have that much of a choice. Me, I used to be a heavy sleeper until my siblings changed that via endless pranks.

kai

Reaction score
i think having something like that on your bag in a squat just screams guess how expensive my shit is. Personally I just use my bag as a pillow and that seems to have worked for me thus far.

drunken marauder

Reaction score
Then it wouldnt be stealing it would be robbery....I would rather just keep it in my crappy dirty bag...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads