One Montreal gal, One Icelandic dude and 2 guitars heading South-ish | Squat the Planet

One Montreal gal, One Icelandic dude and 2 guitars heading South-ish

Ravenhood

Reaction score
Heya! My name's Kate. I'm a Montrealer living in a kick@$$ co-op and working at an awesome show cafe co-op but I just can't say no to travel, it's in my blood. So I'm heading out once again, in less than two weeks, hitchhiking South without a real plan and eating out of dumpsters, tenting it or couchsurfing or taking over rooftops, but this time with an awesome Icelandic guy and two guitars - Planning on busking! I have lots of practice ahead of me as I just started playing the classical guitar and singing. I'm frikkin psyched. I can't wait!

I'll be cruising the threads for useful info and hoping to meet some cool people and go to some neat events as I float around.

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Better late than never!

Welcome!
You seem like an interesting person.
Come see CA soon why dontcha :)

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
You'll have lots of time to practice guitar and you'll learn a LOT. When I travel is when I learn the most about whatever instrument I bring. I just started to busk with a ukulele and I love it. I find I make more money when I sing, so kudos on learning to play and sing. I'm learning djembe as well too refine my rhythm and piano to memorize all the notes of all the scales.

How does one find co-ops when they're new to a city? Could I just google it? Or ask around at health food stores? Or is there a particular website like WWOOF?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads