Old Folks home Fontana (1 Viewer)

James Ortiz

Lurker
Current Location
Riverside CALIFORNIA
Website
instagram.com
Got info on this place from a fellow explorer,so being a good 20 mins or so from me I headed out to Fontana,Ca and eye balled the place out to see who was around.
While waiting for about 10 mins to make a run to the entrance I noticed a board start moving and out came a few folks that had been squatting inside,as they proceeded to leave and im assuming head out for the day, they blocked the entrance with boards and some random trash and off they went.I grabbed my gear and headed to the front door moved the wood board and in I was.

dsc_0070-edit-jpg.49808_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

(Living facility & to the far right the hospital)

As I entered I wasnt expecting much then a old shell of a building but I was surprised to see alot left behind.

dsc_0012-edit-jpg.49809_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

Walking through the first hallways trying to stay quite as not to disturb anyone who may still be inside or surprised by a pipe to the face by some freaked out person I turned into the 1st room I seen and it was a kitchen with alot of pans and plates left behind.

dsc_0042-edit-jpg.49810_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

dsc_0068-edit-jpg.49812_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

After the kitchen I headed into the next room with what looks like upside down tables which were used for people with wheelchairs

dsc_0033-edit-jpg.49811_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

Next I checked out the many other rooms which held offices and medical devices and rooms with beds and personal belongings left behind,by this point I swore I heard foot steps and whispering,I knew I had been to quite for people to know I was there.....

dsc_0045-edit-jpg.49813_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

(office)

dsc_0032-edit-jpg.49814_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

dsc_0029-edit-jpg.49815_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

After room and room of nothing but beds and a chair here and there I was about ready to call it a day but i went on

dsc_0047-edit-jpg.49816_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

dsc_0003-2-edit-jpg.49817_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

dsc_0014-edit-2-jpg.49818_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

Heading down the far end of the building there seem to be alot less light in the rooms and I was abit on edge as I heard the crunch of glass a few times as if someone was walking near by. So I proceeded with caution and went on peering into dark room after dark room only seeing slightly silhouetted items left behind.

dsc_0025-edit-jpg.49819_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

dsc_0028-edit-edit-edit-jpg.49820_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

Next I ended walked into a area that looked more like a old motel of sorts with rooms with numbers and a community room, some of which had rope attached to them as a locking mechanism. This side felt more homely and abit on the sad side.

dsc_0053-edit-jpg.49821_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

dsc_0055-edit-jpg.49822_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM
dsc_0061-edit-jpg.49823_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

(Left-Photos that looked like the might be from the 70s early 80s Right-Chairs)

dsc_0065-edit-jpg.49824_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

After walking into the last room I came to a door and stood quite and heard whispers seen a few trash bags with old food wrappings and bottles and new I found whom may of been walking about and whispering.

dsc_0060-edit-jpg.49826_Old Folks home Fontana_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_9:40 PM

(I never take anything from places but I really wanted this picture ....)

So I didnt wanna over stay my welcome so headed out, a day or too later my bud went to check the place out and met the guy who was squatting there and said he called himself the unofficial caretaker of the home and said he would ward off all who would be destructive to the property and try and vandalize the property with graffiti.He also mentioned that he was in the process of roping all the doorknobs together so no one could enter the rooms,he then stated that he would try and follow people to see what they were doing and if they were just checking out the place he would leave them be...​

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

blank

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Southern GA
Creepy. Doesn't look like the "unofficial caretaker" is doing a very good job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $15.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $15.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $15.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $15.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

The self defense group is going so far so great!
Three years of loving and caring, down the backed up toilet.
I feel uncomfortable with all of the transphobic micro-aggressions being thrown around here lately. I also feel uncomfortable standing up in defense of trans folk, me included, in fear of developing discourse without the consequence of proper accountability.
Barf wrote on Brodiesel710's profile.
There's a fish in the percolator
I'm in NYC. What's good? Anyone wanna kick it? Where can I camp without getting hassled?
Roof vent is installed, fixed the side mirror, mounted the solar panels and ran the wires into the van. Currently working on putting in the floor. It's a lot but I'm making steady progress.
Anyone is Portland wanna kick it for a night and get motey'd up?!
Wowzers I'm glad I was off the site for the duration of The Pronoun Thread, as it's been titled. Holy shit. I know for a fact I would have gotten sucked into it and I'm not sure if that would've been a good thing lol
48 hours from HELL, lost thirteen hundred dollars, thats a fuckload on a pension! lost two ducks to the heat, the key for teh vespa is goign to cost an unbelievable amount says the cheerful vespa mechanic,and i need two new tyres, a new belt and rollersaswell! the generator died, wake up, the dogs cold and dead besides me and for the icing on the cake, lost my fucking bankcard and the bank tellers was a twat to me!!!ANYONE nearby bring booze and cigs and cheer!!!!FARRRKKKKKKK
On the side of the road 8 miles from Paint Rock, TX

Members online