old dog up to old tricks | Squat the Planet

old dog up to old tricks

kidbob

Reaction score
first off shout outs to a few home bums in alabama(street)(van-go) the man who taught me to hop trains and the only f.t.r.a ive ever come across(BREEZE)

hey im kidbob,
im 27,i guess u could say im a reformed gutter punk turned house kid(sigh)
little about me:
i started traveling @ 17 signing up for magizine sales and that got me around for a mnth or so but not enough,i started hitching around while job hunting after that and found my self living under a bridge in mobile alabama @ 18, a train rolled in and a dirty bum hopped off and his ol lady needed some jewelry repaired,so i barted knowledge for knowledge and next thing i know i had a living breathing talking crew change at my hands his name was BREEZE. much love BROTHER!
he showed me what to ride,where to hide,and how to survive(thanx for the gonch...still got it)
after several yrs of hopping csx bnsf and sante fe cars across the south i woke up the night of hurricane katrina in a squat(in nola right near the drop in center) on the second floor floating in water,i raced waded and climbed across roof tops to get to gentilly train yard,i cought the last train out of nola that night..........i woke up in mobile in a daze, not sure if what i witnessed last night was real or some fucked up drug intoxication,and stumbled into the salvation army.something happened over the next few months and my dreams changed,i gave up my freedom for security,cut of my mohawk,took out my peircings and committed my self to a "normal" life
well its been 6 yrs, ive got a really good job working for the city operating heavy equipment and climbing trees,ive come up in life,aquired my own equipment for when i travel,a few vehicles,a few babylonian treasures and i cant rememeb the last time ive bummed a ciggerette let alone rolled one.
i committed my self to the change and made it happen,but then somthing else happened,i learned through a rough teaching that ppl who give up their freedom for security...deserve neither.and u can take the kid off the streets but u cant take the streets out of the kid....so this is where i am at right now.planing my freedom run,in the persuit of happiness....
im trading my
truck for a train
t.v. for a view
xbox for a guitar
security for freedom
g.p.s wait no...im keeping that.lol
surround sound for the call of the wild
and my life for a life of adventure
ive learned success is an option,i dont have to choose it,
and that success is in the eyes of the beholder man,not in the joneses
and if u really think about it, a person lacking motivation can learn alot from a crack head,just shit i learned...... well imma holla
so oneword
kidbob

Shane Asylum

Reaction score
heck yea man thats what i been trying to tell people when they ask y i want to live like that, i just cant stand being in one place for too long you gotta get out and see the world all that other stuff doesnt even matter man, where are you at and where you heading, and would you like someone to travel with?

kidbob

Reaction score

kidbob

Reaction score

kidbob

Reaction score
Why not keep the vehicle for transportation.
Not around areas you're at but as an area to area kind of thing.

some shit has happened :) (as it always fucking does)
not in any good sense really but not bad
so what has happend is my truck got scraped...huge loss but was not in position to rehibilitate it, my travel partner has bailed (thank god) and with her went her car and any option of traveling on rubber wheels like that, im more of a dirty face bandana sign flying hobo (yes im a hobo, i climb trees and do tree removel i dont spange unless im bored or with a group) so it didnt really matter to me any way.
i love letting go man, of everything, and everybody around is saying two things,wow thats awsome wish i could do that...or ur fucking nuts.
cause like i said i had a really good job working for the city being a dependable person and responsible, have a big network of ppl in this town that i could call upon for anything frm a speeding ticket to being bonded out to not not going to jail period.i got good credit,a great reputation and no problems with anyone in this town.
everybody tells me
"oh jess ur doing so great what a huge turn around for urself...way to go 180 man....we are so proud of what u have become...awww <3 <3 <3"
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????
you buncha fucking bigots(refering to the joneses and some family)
im the same person today i was 6 years ago,the only thing that has changed is i have a huge fucking knot of 100s in my pocket had a nice truck and paid my bills...oh and i actually stuck around some where long enough to aquire these bills and physical properties
what a huge load of shit
to think that a mans respect lies in his fucking bill fold is stupid
i was raised right and where i wasnt i made personal choices to be better,im a good guy.i do all the right things for the ones who need it most and help anybody in any way i can in general.
i just like to travel and im a bit of a survivalist and an adrenaline junkie,and a bit of a cheap skate lol
i just have to get away from this shit tho man.....i actually see my self judging ppl by what they got in comparison to me.
and out there on the road,hahahaha we all know what matters out there
not a god damn thing,everythings fucking disposable,u got ur shirt and some shorts and ur good, we all done threw our dogs over a tree limb or telephone line at some point,fuck em(till that part where u kick ur self in the ass over it) but fuck some boot rot for real
i think i done gone on a tangent sorry
plans still the same i leave in 3 days to head to florida then west to nola,i got tickets to bonnaroo in june and headed to rainbow in montana in july,looking to head to slab city grand canyon and four points as well

kidbob

Reaction score
this is true,but if im not mistaken i can make p cola in one? from madison alabama?fuck it im coming lol,na i dunno man maybe its in the air for the next day or so

Hobo Huck

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
this is true,but if im not mistaken i can make p cola in one? from madison alabama?fuck it im coming lol,na i dunno man maybe its in the air for the next day or so

Yeah there's a couple of straight-shooters that go from Huntsville/Madison down to Pensacola, it's a CSX train that shoots through Bham and sometimes stops in Montgomery (shithole), and shoots you straight to P'Cola. It bypasses Mobile yard near Flomaton or wherever and you don't have to deal with the bullshit in Mobile.

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Right on! I've been there "living" the contractor life. I respect work, but money obsessed slave labor is a goose chase. Good choice on ditching the wheels. Travelling with wheels is a pain anyhow. Always gotta babysit the car, deal with breakdowns, gas jug AND fly signs (every day). I got good at doing it and found it was more hectic than it was worth. The less the better. If you ever come through Washington, let me know. There's some really chill living here where I'm at (little town called Plain). And I always have a blast hitching around, there's lots of festivals all around the state, quite a few hippies and train hoppers passing through. I can't travel too far from Washington since I start college again in the fall, but if any passer byers are looking to just camp for a few months during the warm months (or cold if they're tough enough), maybe find a sanctuary, place to rehab, get in shape, whatever, this is a good place for that. Reason why I offer is because you sound like a hard worker, perseverance will get you far in life, it sounds like you're on the path you want to be on. Again, right on!

Reactions: kidbob

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads