Ola! It's me Jonathan! (1 Viewer)

Hometown
Den Haag, Netherlands
Hey what's up! I just came across this forum and damn i didn't know I had people until I found this place. I'm planning to travel the world NOMAD-style, I'm just so sick of the mainstream world and want to live life the adventureous way. Currently based in The Netherlands, but I can call any place home, as long as I'm not stuck there for too long. Anyway, I welcome any advice for people like me just starting out in their travels and thanks for having me :)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Hometown
Austin, TX
Website
youtube.com
Welcome to the community! I'm curious to know what the nomading culture is like out in the netherlands! Could you tell us a bit a bout it?

BirdDaddy

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Hometown
Spun Junction CO
welcome!!! i also want to know what your vagabond culture is like. write us a book bro!!! as far as tips and tricks man.... thats a deep book to just flip open a page and start reading to you lol. check this sight out for a while, figure on what kind of things are commons sense for you and what is new interesting information. then get back to the search bar and google and ask some there. this place is loaded with ideas tricks and sweet stories. the library here is rather epic. have fun man. god speed.

OP
WintrowVestrit
Hometown
Den Haag, Netherlands
Hi Y'all,

I didn't know there were this many comments on my post, so sorry for the delayed reply..

About the nomad culture in The Netherlands: in my experience Dutch people are a bit uptight about that sorta life here, but where aren't they, right? Now I've tried my hardest looking for Dutch communities like this one, but either they're non-existant or very very well-hidden. I'm not very experienced on any topic here, so for now I'm just here to learn, soryy!!!

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome and I hope to maybe one day meet you on my travels!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$105.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $105.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Matt Derrick wrote on Darcyx9's profile.
Hey thanks for the recent uploads to the library, looks like useful stuff!
Nearly done with the electrical system of the van. 170Ah Lithium ion, 2/4K inverter, 400 watt of solar, 40A MPPT controller. Should be up and running (or explode) this weekend.

After that I have to finish the primary work table, which will be the last big piece of the build.
back in FL 4 da 3rd time til I head 2 Colorado
Hey folks, we've opened up a new thread to discuss organizing this year's jamboree in the san juan islands! You should throw in your two cents! https://squattheplanet.com/fest
returning refreshed, refurbished and re-treaded ... om back what did i miss?
Offline for a short stint. Be back soon.
NOLA anybody? i got wheels. thinking about getting something to drink and marking some trains
Oddman wrote on Brodiesel710's profile.
Nice picture, on the Wikipedia "hobo" page... I was working on that page a little, a few weeks ago. It's a total mess and I just scratched the surface, but I keep watching and hoping someone else will improve it. That photo improves it for sure. Wish I knew enough about hobo history to write something decent there.
Got a new pad in CinCinNasty , anyone passing nearby hit me up. Got a couch and brews
.and smoke if that's your thing.

Members online