OK, here I go - Noob here | Squat the Planet

OK, here I go - Noob here

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
but not a noob to forums (daily participant to about 10 forums - from hikers to runners to of course, bicycling)

This place is great. And the urban exploration is really cool - reminds me of the old subway system we had in Rochester, NY - totally enscrolled with some tremendous graffiti (yeah we lead rides through there and other places that have some absolutely fabulous graffiti on the walls - as a fundraiser for people who need help). K - don't get the skivvies in a pinch - I'm not one of those do gooders ...

I am situated and am not traveling how many of you do; however this site and the words of the people who input here are heartfelt, sometimes tragic as well as eye opening. And many of your stories are just totally interesting - and to repeat - totally heartfelt.

I have no qualms to helping out anyone who happens to be traveling through here either.

I am a long time Solo long distance bicyclist (haven't had a car in about 15 years - yeah - I put studded tires on commuter bike for the Winter - yep I'm the wacky woman in the winter). And yeah being a soloist ( - I've run into things on the road where I've had to ask people for help (oh yeah - like water - where I'm going into heat exhaustion - and this person looked at me like I was going to do bad things to him (freak I'm a 125 lb girl!!!) - he walked back into his house while I sat under his shade tree pouring what water I had in my bottles over my head and then barfing.

Hell, I barfed for a while on his lawn, then had to lay down for a bit - not one bit of help from him though - then I had to bicycle back to my place for >40 miserable effin miles. Nice guy. ha. And let me tell you it was a miserable effin ride to just find water - I literally ended up about 4 mph - barely moving - and crying, on the last legs of that ride. I spit on his lawn every time I ride by him now on my way out of the City. I hope he notices.

So, if you don't mind - I will enjoy your website and will try and help out with people looking for trails - cross country bicycling, etc. I have a lot of information as well as links to all that and will try to help these people.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Awesome welcome to the site, interesting tho shitty story ive been in the same situation tho!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads