Oil spill cleanup - NOLA & Gulf Coast anyone ???

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm going to NOLA from LA,
looking for other STP peeps who are heading there to for clean up.
I'm going as VOLUNTEER, not paid-the paid jobs should go to locals.

Any ideas - contacts anything would be appreciate,
let's get this conversation going !
Let's meet up, network , share resources :>)

Linda
drum-core@live.com

EastCoast315

Reaction score
Really good idea Linda, I hope quite a few STP'ers get down there! I'm probably going to go down sometime in late August (hopefully) for a few weeks. Loading up the vannigan and heading south. Find some squats out there, theres a ton, from what I understand

shwillyhaaa

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
im planning on going to southern texas, nola (for other reasons as well), and florida for this... great idea, i commend you for the love you obviously have for out beautiful earth :]

S

songswesing

do you know organizations that you can do that through, because i was researching online how to help but i only saw sites for donations and i would love to get down there and really do something about this mess

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
Hey all,
Thought I'd let you all hear my sad sorry oil spill clean up story!

We'll it didn't happen.
The organizations were expecting people to long trainings.
It was all very closed/secretive how the 'clean up' or so called clean up happened.
So I just ended up at my folks out in rural Louisiana and watched greedy fishermen & oil workers
complaining on the t.v about the oil spill (Ie their lost earnings), but not about the damage it has done
or was being done LONG before the spill due to over fishing, and all the oil wells.
Linda/Ziggy

Reactions: Juan Derlust

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads