Ode to Life - a poem | Squat the Planet

Ode to Life - a poem

AuraLicht

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a nice time at the lagoon in the property I am now living. I spent almost all morning laying naked in the sun, bathing in the water, dancing and feeling the elements around.
Then I met with the Cosmic Muse of Inspiration and I wrote the short poem that follows:

Ode to Life
by Aura Licht

Oh my beloved Golden Sun!

I yearn for thy warmth every day.

Giver of Life, embodyment of the gods most high, to you I give my Spirit for it to be infused with Thy everburning Fire

Oh Silvery Moon, cast the darkness of Ignorance away from my path, for the black shadows of the night are devoid of Wisdom.

Oh Mighty Winds, there is not softer touch than the one of your gentle fingers, invisibly shaping the stubborn gross Matter of my existence.

Oh the whole of Creation, there are no sweeter words of love to Nature than in the songs of Thy creatures abiding in the Forest joyously singing odes to Thee.

Oh dear Mankind, there is no food that alone could ever sustain your fleshes and nourish your spirit once deprived of its divine spark within.

(The) I cannot exist without Thee. It is thanks to You that (the) I came to be, in order to experience both the Inner and Outer aspects of Reality.

But no longer the “I” is going to fool me and make me believe we are separated.

For the pristine Waters of eternal Consciousness where once You arose from, are but a liquid mirror reflecting Thy neverending Mercy I am bathing in.

Thank You!

Reactions: BobbinGoblin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads