Ocean Beach, San Diego | Squat the Planet

Ocean Beach, San Diego

Danno603

Reaction score
Anyone else here consider OB a home away from home? The first time I traveled I ended up there accidentally and slept in the dog park thinking it was OB until the sun came up, and after that I made some friends I still keep contact with and have seen when I returned a year later. It's been over a year now since I've been back but I miss it. So, anyone else? Or San Diego in general? (I'm from Massachusetts and New Hampshire btw)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Los Angeles and San Diego are the first places I ever started squatting, so they hold a bit of nostalgia for me, but not much other than that. I'd take San Diego over LA any day of the week although I'm not really a fan of either.

spoorprint

Reaction score
I saw Ocean Beach for a couple of days 22 years ago. A friend said she lived there because the air traffic noise held the prices down. She also said a lot of people slept on the beach. Is it still friendly? Is it still cheap? I guess the have a chili festival toward the end of June.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads