Occupy question.

Drizzle

Reaction score
I'm hitting the road in a week or two, wondering if there are many full-time occupations still out there? I spent some time hanging around in worcester/boston this fall, hit up wall street aswell. All the usual shit-heads aside, I feel like I met some decent, like minded folks. Anyone currently doing the occupy thing?

Drizzle

Reaction score
Cleveland..ey? Was just talking to a buddy from Ohio today, told em I'd pay him a visit, so I may stop through. And DC is still up? I would really like to stop in there too.

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
Cleveland..ey? Was just talking to a buddy from Ohio today, told em I'd pay him a visit, so I may stop through. And DC is still up? I would really like to stop in there too.
i dont think dc is. or at least i know it was raided already.. im sure the people are still there but dont think they are occupying the park.. i could be wrong..

trainhoppinbetty

Reaction score
Still going in Denver, but at this point it's mostly oogles sleeping on the sidewalk and all the housie 'protesters' showing up on the weekends. Don't do it. But the weather's nice.

Drizzle

Reaction score
Same thing happened in the city im currently in. We had a nice park, got forced out and ended up on the sidewalk. There wasnt enough people down to physically occupy in the first place. They would rather stand around and talk about what should be done, and never take any action. Anyone know what the word is with Oakland?

Nyte

Reaction score
DC K st is still going, can't stay IN the park, but we maintain a presence and empty tents as statements. Some sleep at squats, or with others, some of us stay on the sidewalks.

Reactions: tobepxt

REDYELLOWBLUE

Reaction score
I've spent alot of time at bolth the Oakland and San Francisco camps.
that being said the oakland camp was harder to get to safely on foot, seeing as you have to cross into downtown at night regardless of where your coming from , but granted you have your wits about you it should be a piece of cake.
Oaklands occupation is in my opinion alot more organized than its sister tribe across the bay.
I encountered alot of kind gentle folks, who were happy to involve me in what was going on.
i spent two weeks at this camp, and ended up participating in the taking of oscar grant square, got my cheek split with a billy club and tear gassed for 30 minutes but managed not to get captured.
it was a beautiful thing seeing 2,000 plus people calling for mass assembly and peacefully carrying out the entire thing.
There were at least two times where all out battle broke loose in downtown. But the camp is still there and active,
but its location has been changed.
San Francisco on the other hand carried out multiple marches and even managed to close a few banks for the day.
although progress is slow the community here seems accepting of the movement. while some suits just two blocks away vary in outright opposition. Better food at this location too. The SFPD seem way less brutal than OPD and have yet to hurl mass ammounts of brute force and tear gas twoard the encampment which is located right at the end of market street after you pass the vendors downtown in the financial district a mere stones throw from the embarcadero and the waterfront.

Reactions: tobepxt

Nyte

Reaction score
Also, for those interested, they have regulations against using tear gas in DC, has to do with the metro, and the homeless, they get too many law suits when they use it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads