Nutrisystem Hook Up- Suggestions for outdoor winter storage?

Current Location
Woodstock, NY
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
A friend of mine has a night cleaning job. He was cleaning a doctors office yesterday and the doctor was throwing out an entire box of nutrisystem meals! There was like 20 "lunches" like canned soup, a bunch of boxed dinners, and lunch bars and breakfast food! Sweet! Now gotta figure out how to store this stuff. It's a bit expired (2017ish), but all still sealed... Filled up a tote.

I'm worried that if I cache this stuff at my outdoor "winter camp" The liquid in the soups will freeze and cause a problem. My winter camp is located by the Hudson River in NY, and we get some pretty low temperatures. I'm almost thinking of making a root cellar quick into a hillside there. Any suggestions?

fIb6C2Km.jpg

wISDOM

Professional butt double
StP Supporter
Current Location
Verde valley
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Soups shouldn't go bad, if frozen completely. Just make sure the packaging isn't compromised or expanded before or due to the freezing. Heat the contents to boiling before consuming. Always eyeball, sniff and taste test before eating, just to be safe. I'd recommend the root cellar, just to ensure the items stay at a constant temperature, to avoid tainting.

wISDOM

Professional butt double
StP Supporter
Current Location
Verde valley
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
You can probably find out more info about the items storage online. Especially on the nutri system site.

OP
OP
Groundmagnet
Current Location
Woodstock, NY
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
I'm thinking a quick dig into one of the local hill sides will work wonders.

Current Location
Enola, PA
Reactions
96% 1% 3%
Should be quality diarrhea food. I believe that is highly processed food?

Current Location
indy
Reactions
15% 8% 77%
Just do like ole George Washington did that fateful night on the frozen tundra

OP
OP
Groundmagnet
Current Location
Woodstock, NY
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Oh yes. High quality turd making nonsense. Totally processed and a big "weight loss" fad. I remember the tv commercials about this stuff. But whatever, If hungry in the middle of winter, it will suffice. Better drink some water with it though, since I know what the end result will be...