Novice StP member

Ev Key

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a college student in the Seattle area. I have little experience in traveling in the style that people on StP is doing. I got involved in tent city and was introduced to the concept of dumpster diving and squatting. And then I stumbled into this site. I am very inspired by all the resources and stories that this forum has to offer. Right now I am still gathering information and learning, hoping to make a hichiking/biking/train-hopping trip during the spring break. If you have any tips and tricks that I can have traveling/dumpster-diving in Seattle to offer, I will be very appreciated.

Ev

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
If you have any tips and tricks that I can have traveling/dumpster-diving in Seattle to offer, I will be very appreciated.
I assume you're at UW from your sweatshirt in your profile pic. One of the best places to dumpster dive in Seattle is at your very own school at the end of the quarter. The next moveout date is March 18th.

There are other good dumpsters in the city but I don't want to share that info publicly since there's already a lot of competition for them.

Also, welcome to StP! I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Ev Key

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Make sure to explore around a bit, you'll learn a lot from exsiting threads. Hope to see ya out there soon man!
Thanks! I sure will!

welcome to stp. what are you studying?
Haha, well, that's the exact thing I'm worrying about. I'm still not officially in any major. However, I am currently working towards Informatics, or Mechanical E, or Civil E (If they let me in, of course).

I assume you're at UW from your sweatshirt in your profile pic. One of the best places to dumpster dive in Seattle is at your very own school at the end of the quarter. The next moveout date is March 18th.

There are other good dumpsters in the city but I don't want to share that info publicly since there's already a lot of competition for them.

Also, welcome to StP! I hope you find what you're looking for here.
I am indeed a UW student. And you're right, all sorts of things got thrown out, more at the end of sprint quarter, though. It was a fiesta of completely reusable items just laying in the trash room -- fridges, microwaves, shelves, and even guitar. Now I think of me it might be my actual inspiration of dumpster diving. I got my water heater and bathroom rug from the pile. I would have took more but I wasn't staying in Seattle for the summer.

You said you wouldn't share them privately, would you share it with me privately then? :D

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
You said you wouldn't share them privately, would you share it with me privately then? :D
Possibly. PM me and we'll talk. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads