North Face Prophet?

SKJag

Reaction score
Website
www.kcentstudios.com
Hey everyone! Has anyone here had any experience with the North Face Prophet series backpacks? I'm looking to nab the Prophet 40 and to put my Marmot Cloudbreak 30 sleeping bag (With compression sack) and Black Diamond Big Wall bivy sack in. This is my first time purchasing gear and I am planning to hitch across America around March of next year.

benjysirois

Professional knob twiddler and sound anarchist
Reaction score
North Face makes great products! I have the Backtrack 50 for flying. Still looks like the day I bought it! It's not a tonne of space though. I consider myself to pack light (No more than 20lbs) and I struggle getting everything into my 60. Nice pack though and it looks comfy :)

I guess if you're buying through MEC it's not a big deal but I went with Osprey instead of North Face for my hiking/travel pack because of the "All Mighty Guarantee." They'll replace/repair any damage or defect for free. So you only ever have to buy the one pack. Their products are also pretty splendid. The Volt 60 by Osprey is also the same price as the Prophet 40. 20 litres extra, depending if you need it, for the same price and the all mighty guarantee.

Sounds like a good deal to me. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads