Normal No Longer

Reaction score
What is up guys, Shaggy the Storyteller here. So, I've grown up a normal person. I have ended up on the streets a few times, but never for very long, and any traveling across the U.S. I've done has been in the form of being dragged around by family. At the age of 14 I finally settled down, and was convinced that I was ready to plant roots and just stay somewhere (an understandable reaction I would think). Honestly that was the case for a while, bounced around southern Michigan and northern Indiana for the past five years, and I'm kinda sick of trying to plant roots in bad soil. I understand life is full of ups and downs, and that things happen, but it almost seems like a curse how every time I manage to get some roots planted they seem to die in the fusillade of bullshit that comes flying in a month later. So, I figure, I'm going to break the cycle and travel until I find somewhere that I could see myself settling down. I have little experience in actual travel, but my instincts have been honed by some pretty rough shit that's happened in my life. Recently a new friend of mine who is a traveler got me thinking about it, and I'm thinking I'm going to be going pretty soon, and I was hoping to get a few tips on where to start looking for gear and general knowledge about this nomadic lifestyle. I've gotten the wanderlust a few times in my life, but I had pressing responsibilities that I couldn't just drop. Now, however, I can just up and go if it struck my fancy.
TL:DR I'm new to traveling, I want to head west from Indiana, and I'm okay with just wandering for a while. Tips are very welcome, and if anyone is willing to take on a companion then I'm game. Thank you, hope to see you on the road!

Reactions: Anagor and Kal

Kal

Reaction score
Being normal is over rated and boring and as far as gear that depends on how much money you have just go shop around and if your really lucky you will find some of the stuff for free.

Reactions: james22 and Anagor

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads