maybe STP will be a good resource for me

birdsonthebat

Reaction score
My trip west was delayed a bit for various reasons but I'll be exiting the grand stage of east TN on 30 may. I'm heading to nola and I have to catch a flight to Denver from Austin TX on 2 July, then Amtrak on the 22 July to Oakland. I'll be flying out of Seattle at the end of September. I've been trying to get myself readied; I've lost about forty lbs since December and stopped drinking. I do love to smoke herb but I've never been one to do anything other than that or at least what I was pretty sure I could get away with.

It'd be nice to meet up with some good traveler folk. I'm gonna be squatting so I'm not really looking for couches but hanging out would be cool.

Mostly I'm gonna just travel alone but it would be good for my psyche to cross paths and talk story, maybe share a smoke hell, I'm totally up for buying a pitcher but me and alcohol don't mix and I'm just happier and Hella better to avoid that.

I'm always the guy that wants to do what I can to help a guy/gal along their way. I share what I have: food, smoke, laughter, money, whatever I have.

I do hope to actually meet up with someone that can make my day better or I there's. Maybe we do it for each other.

Don't be shy I'm easy enough to deal with. I've traveled extensively but I'm not trying to compare myself to anyone on here. I fully realize alot of you on here know better than I do how best to travel and I'm willing to listen.
Soooo...I'll be leaving in about 6 weeks and maybe that'll be a good start to perhaps chat one another up and somewhere down the road share a spot of time in each others company.

I was tagged with the nom de plume, "the locust",a few decades ago and my closest friends call me that still so feel free to say, "yo, loc", usually it's shortened to that but give me a shout.
I'd love to hear from anyone

Reactions: Matt Derrick

DuHastMich

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Godspeed to you in your travels. I'm heading due west of Illinois, and have really no set plan other than chilling in the Slabs for a day or two and hopefully run into an acquaintance I've met through places online.

I, too, am easy going and excessively giving. If you find me, I will more than likely have a concert t-shirt and sporting a beanie of some sort. You can call me Dave, Toast or anything you find fitting - just don't call me late for dinner.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Sounds like you have all the right forces in play here - have fun!!

birdsonthebat

Reaction score
My dad is from red bay. That's Franklin county, near Florence, muscle shoals, tuscumbia area. I actually call middle TN home tho I've not really been there in several years. I went to school at mtsu and lived/worked in Nash for about ten years. Ahhhhh...those were good daze, good daze indeed.
Hey I'd be soooo honored to meet up.

birdsonthebat

Reaction score
Sounds like you have all the right forces in play here - have fun!!

Gawd I hope so. I'm a little worried about Oakland. I've been there a few times. Nola and Austin are, IMO, pretty easy. Denver I'm not sure of.

Mainly, my intentions are to be like fonzi and we allllllll know fonzi was cool. Still...I don't want to ruin shit for myself (I don't want anyone else to rip shit up for me either) by being to cool.
Hell I ain't that much like fonzi but who is huh?
I want to meet folks. Share quality time. If I can help someone out I will. I'll share anything I have and nothing is owed in return. I was happy to do it

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads