Nola

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
you will absolutely adore their mobile drunk tanks... lol... seriously though, your expectations will depend on who you are and how you "behave" in public... Nola is loose when it comes to tourists who are dressed like tourists who take pics like tourists, and spend money tourists... however, because of a distortion in the gutter punk scene, some pigs intentionally walk around with a grudge and a taser.... my suggestion probably mimics most, if a cop makes eye contact with you from across the street, make haste.... now, with that said, expect fun, expect decent kickdowns, expect a butt load of places to sleep, expect the unxpected. Nola is the debauchery capital of the USA... It is Americas Bangkok.... where damn near anything is legal until a pig wakes up with a hard on for bustin some poor kids face.... i am not far from Nola in baton rouge, if you get inna bind, hit me up on here.... good luck

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
^^ excellent and most visual description! Never been there but love what you wrote ... "America's Bankok". :)

man of the forest

Reaction score
you will absolutely adore their mobile drunk tanks... lol... seriously though, your expectations will depend on who you are and how you "behave" in public... Nola is loose when it comes to tourists who are dressed like tourists who take pics like tourists, and spend money tourists... however, because of a distortion in the gutter punk scene, some pigs intentionally walk around with a grudge and a taser.... my suggestion probably mimics most, if a cop makes eye contact with you from across the street, make haste.... now, with that said, expect fun, expect decent kickdowns, expect a butt load of places to sleep, expect the unxpected. Nola is the debauchery capital of the USA... It is Americas Bangkok.... where damn near anything is legal until a pig wakes up with a hard on for bustin some poor kids face.... i am not far from Nola in baton rouge, if you get inna bind, hit me up on here.... good luck

Sounds awsome to this guy. Whare exactly is this NOLA? i feel like going somtime...

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
NOLA = New Orleans, Louisiana- Definitely a blast of a city, but not exactly the kind of city for most newbies, you got to either have your wits about you or be really lucky. I think a lot of people here have lost a friend or more in that city, or at least nearly lost one. It'll definitely be different from your hometown at least.

Reactions: thapoet

man of the forest

Reaction score
Different is an understatment man. lol, Im from Idaho and my home town just grew to a mighty 4oo this last 4 years... i recognize im a mountian wilderness survivalist, Hippie and very inexperianced erbanist less bad ass lol.
NOLA = New Orleans, Louisiana- Definitely a blast of a city, but not exactly the kind of city for most newbies, you got to either have your wits about you or be really lucky. I think a lot of people here have lost a friend or more in that city, or at least nearly lost one. It'll definitely be different from your hometown at least.

Now that i know what NOLA is, i will addmit i have wanted to go for way too long. You are compleatly right bout the danger for a puke like me. and thats why i havent been yet as well.
thanks for the input.

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
hell with nola wild man, you are in the best place on the planet. the rocky mountain wilderness.... i am sick of the swamps and pine forests here in looseranna.... i want to eventually make it up to that big boomin city of yellow pines, idaho.... pray that one of the 32 natives there doesnt kill me for being an outsider, and them hike out in any direction into that magnificantly mystical mountainous land... rivermof no return, here i come!

Reactions: BurnReno

man of the forest

Reaction score
New
"hell with nola wild man, you are in the best place on the planet. the rocky mountain wilderness...."(thapoet) I couldent agree more man. This is an amazing state for wildlife and 10,000 ft peaks with thousands of miles of uninhabited untouched Beautiful Mountians that will mezzmorize you love you take care of you and kill you the second you stop paying attention. and i would not give up my home for any other place. But I have rode my mtn bike probibly thousands of miles hiked hundreds of mtns with probibly thousands of miles of trail game or maintained. Fished many lakes and killed many game small and larg. The city people here are not very friendly when it comes to Travlers and the ural people even less. I haved thumed it all up and down Idaho man. I have seen idaho man. I want to learn man, ride fraight, experiance life and meet weird fucks like me that dont want to conform to this nations brainwashing and live off the grid. Witch is surprisingly difficult here in Idaho. pluss the experiance, knowledge and amazing time i would have out ther, Freezing hungery alone and no place to go that night kind of adventure. Im not just talking nola, im talking hopping the USA untill i decide to come home. or make one elswhare.​

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
thapoet said:
Nola is the debauchery capital of the USA... It is Americas Bangkok

There's plenty of southern hospitality though right?

If I'm ever headed that way I will hit this place up for a crew.
Would not want to find my clueless ass down there all lonesome.

Any must see hotspots?

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com

Any must see hotspots?
I found most of the locals are cool. The fact that its such an "anything goes" city might help..
the tourists suck as they always do..

You probably wouldn't even have much trouble finding others traveling to hangout with down there.. I meet new people everyday I'm down there.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The only image I can get of NOLA in my head is that run down house from "A love Song for Bobby long" (want to squat a house like what was in that movie)... and parts of Colonial NOLA in "Interview with a vampire".

The scene where they sit outside at about two and a'haf minutes... that's how I want to spend my days...>.>

(BTW.... one of Scarlett's... better movies...skip to 2:30.... good scene)

man of the forest

Reaction score
good to know stuff guys. thanks.

Any must see hotspots?
i want to go that way one day... so if your ever looking for a crew hit me up. im prety far west but i can travel lol...

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

valiumcake

Reaction score
Website
www.latfo.com
NOLA is my hometown and if you treat her right, she'll take care of you. NOLA is also a mecca for travelers. Just go to the riverfront stairs with some beer, and talk to the people with dogs & packs. You'll make friends quick. Also, if you say you haven't eaten in two days in NOLA you're either lying or just dumb.

nati

Reaction score
if you drink be carful i dont know ur tolerance but almost any status of drinker can end up blacking out and doing somethin stupid in nola other than that that place is one of my favorite cities good culture food and a helluva music scene

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads