nola in winter | Squat the Planet

nola in winter

scummy1990

Reaction score
whats it like during winter ive been there a bunch of times but not during winter does it get freezing cold?
im thinking of spending winter there or should i just stay in warm ass florida

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
nola is fairly warm during the winter. you'll definitely need a hoodie and jeans at a minimum. due to the humidity there, the wind is biting cold and will definitely permeate your layers quickly. so, no shorts, and have a hoodie, but a medium jacket might be good as well.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
I can remember being down there in December one time when it dropped down to 45 degrees. Several guys on the crew I was working on came up to me and expressed concerns that they where getting frost bite. All my yankee carpet-bagging ass could do was chuckle under my breathe and assure them that frost bite was highly unlikely in above freezing temperatures. I guess 45 is really cold down there.

DirtmanJosh

Reaction score
I can remember being down there in December one time when it dropped down to 45 degrees. Several guys on the crew I was working on came up to me and expressed concerns that they where getting frost bite. All my yankee carpet-bagging ass could do was chuckle under my breathe and assure them that frost bite was highly unlikely in above freezing temperatures. I guess 45 is really cold down there.
lol even being from florida, i never had a problem with the cold. maybe it's in the blood lol. my dad's from michigan

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads