NOLA - Halloween

seasonchange

Reaction score
not sure if this should be in events or destinations, but i thought it'd fit in here fine.
i've been to new orleans twice before, for a few weeks each stay. i've been told by my friends there that halloween was even crazier / more exciting than mardi gras so i figured i'd check it out.
anyone else got the same plan?

M

Monkeywrench

New Orleans on Halloween is always crazy full of dirty kids. Pretty much everyone I've ran into the past few weeks have telling me their headed there. I'll be there.

seasonchange

Reaction score
haha, i feel like it's already crazy full of dirty kids. i made a stop in ann arbor, mi for punk week this august, and a few of the kids there were headed south around then as well. i'll be excited to see the city overrun. i've got a some friends who live in relatively established squats in the 7th ward and bywater. where are you planning on staying while there?

M

Monkeywrench

I'll actually be settling down once I get there. I'm done traveling. I'll be couchsurfing with ex's and friends, or squatting for about a couple days, until I can find a relatively dirt cheap place and/or job.

Chewbacka

Reaction score
I'll actually be settling down once I get there. I'm done traveling. I'll be couchsurfing with ex's and friends, or squatting for about a couple days, until I can find a relatively dirt cheap place and/or job.

It's always sad to see someone ending their traveling.....friend of mine is also done with traveling. Something I didn't see coming for a looooong time.

seasonchange

Reaction score
It's always sad to see someone ending their traveling.....friend of mine is also done with traveling. Something I didn't see coming for a looooong time.

i don't think a traveler's every really done traveling. it's nice to catch your breath every now and then, though. i take breaks every 8 to 9 months or so.

Lullahz

Reaction score
I'm from there and I'm heading back this Halloween as well with my group. New Orleans is so the place to be for Halloween. I'm deserting my original destination to make it back in time. Fucking hit us up, me or dirty_rotten_squatter.

seasonchange

Reaction score
I'm from there and I'm heading back this Halloween as well with my group. New Orleans is so the place to be for Halloween. I'm deserting my original destination to make it back in time. Fucking hit us up, me or dirty_rotten_squatter.

ha, sweet. will do.
what ward/part of town do you live in?

ericafuckyea

Reaction score
was there for halloween ...2yrs ago? it was insane. going to be there this year again and i know a ton of other kids who said theyre going.

Mid

Reaction score
I'll be heading out there soon for Halloween- a friend of mine just came from Tampa and It'll be a first time hitch for me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads