"No Rent" Trent - RIP May 24th, 2010

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
You may or may not know "No Rent" Trent, he didn't come on the site often, but he unfortunately caught the westbound last monday. Most knew Trent from New Orleans, he'd been living there since just after Katrina.

Trent and I lived together at Touro squat for a while, and were good friends for many years.

Trent died this past Monday. He left behind too many people to count that loved and miss him greatly. It's one of those rare circumstances that I feel a sadness so horrible it makes me physically sick. He was a very, very good friend to everyone he knew and loved.

Here's to hoping you're on that big rock candy mountain in the sky...

(edited down for accuracy, initial story I heard wasn't entirely accurate)

menu

Reaction score
Im so sorry to hear about this matt. my condolences.

(edited at the request of friends and family)

again sorry to hear. RIP "no rent" trent

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Sorry deveranti, I usually don't make a habit of editing other people's posts, but I decided to take out some details at the request of friends, I think I put a little too much detail that just shouldn't be broadcasted across the Internet. I was (and still am) grieving pretty hard so it's hard to think about such things and keep Trent remembered as the person we all knew and loved.

detto

Reaction score
Holy shit Matt, I didn't know you had a web-site. This thing is crazy. I searched for no rent trent and this squat the planet thing came up first on the list....and it's yours! Fucking wild.

ema

Reaction score
Trent is going to be greatly missed by everyone who's life he entered worldwide. He was the first person I ever let live on the foot of my bed, above my closet, and in my crawl space. He truly did catch his final westbound.

Love and miss you little buddy!

mamakin4

Reaction score
I didn't know Trent but first heard about his death on the Facebook page of a young man who used to ride with Trent and my daughter (who took the picture I'm posting).

Although he calls himself Chris now, while he was on the rails with Trent he went by the name "Trigger." Perhaps you traveled with him.

Both Chris and my daughter are sober and off the rails: they both tell me that losing friends to this way of life is not unusual but always heartbreaking. I am one of the lucky moms in that I didn't get the call that Trent's family did. When someone you love is on the rails, the phone becomes a source of terror.

I'm sorry you have lost such an amazing young friend.

And as someone whose been on the "other" side of travelin', I would like to send wishes for safe travels from those who love you, care about you or just might give a shit about you. Do you think nobody cares/worries/wonders/hopes/prays/begs that you make it out alive? If so, you would be mistaken...... because I do.

Peace
Melissa
Grateful mom of former traveler

ema

Reaction score
There is a Photobucket set up for people to add pictures of trent or just look at the ones that are there already.

username: trent550
password: trent550

thisisme

Reaction score
I met Trent in high school, hung out with him a few years later a couple times. Hadn't seen him in a few years then heard about his death. We weren't super close or anything but he was a friend and I always thought he was an awesome kid. I was going to go to his wake but couldn't find a last minute ride there. He ll be missed. And my condolences to you as well, being his good friend.<3

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads