No money? No problem! | Squat the Planet

No money? No problem!

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is actually a resource, so Matt or anyone, feel free to move it or what have you.

If you're like me, you have little money, as it is, so you're leery of donating, not sure where the money will actually go.

So, rather than worry about money, I have an app on my phone (available in the Google Play Store) called MPlaces.

You accumulate points by checking into local businesses. Depending on where you're at, you can rack up some points, in no time.

Those points can be turned in to donate for causes or trade in for gift cards, Starbucks, food etc.

So, depending on whether you're the giving sort or you need to have a back up to ensure you eat or at least can get something a little less expensively, you will always have something to fall back on.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Peace!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Interesting - never knew about that stuff. :)

Reactions: Andrea Van Scoyoc

angerisagift

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is actually a resource, so Matt or anyone, feel free to move it or what have you.

If you're like me, you have little money, as it is, so you're leery of donating, not sure where the money will actually go.

So, rather than worry about money, I have an app on my phone (available in the Google Play Store) called MPlaces.

You accumulate points by checking into local businesses. Depending on where you're at, you can rack up some points, in no time.

Those points can be turned in to donate for causes or trade in for gift cards, Starbucks, food etc.

So, depending on whether you're the giving sort or you need to have a back up to ensure you eat or at least can get something a little less expensively, you will always have something to fall back on.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Peace!
SWEEEEEEEET!! ty 4 the info

Reactions: Andrea Van Scoyoc

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Tude...when it comes to free or useful stuff that's simple and worth the time, I'm the queen!

:D

Cool - I need a kick in the butt to get a project we mods started off in January - and yeah it's me who is the plug that needs motivating by combining a bunch of mods input on resources for the homeless and/or people who need info and resources - have some really good links too so I plan on picking this up again as I need to get this out there and add newly found information and I will also ask you for your input and anyone's input as well as it will be a living document.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads