No Horse Shit

John doe

Reaction score
What’s up Strangers, I’m going to probably hop right into my situation. From the looks of it you guys probably get a bunch of kids who are sick of their mediocre life and their parents telling them who they need to be and do. After being fed up of it end up getting on the internet, finding this site and asking for tips to leave home and ride trains. Honestly I’m not even hating or judging I’m not too far from a situation like that myself but I do know what I’m doing most of the time. Anyway I’m in Phoenix AZ. I’m trying to get to Michigan by the rail and hitching. I’m not a new comer to surviving on the streets but have never traveled in this way. Probably going to stop in a few towns/cities to make some cheddar along the way and see some spots, so I got time to kill. Honestly tried to avoid making an account because in all I guess A. I’m just a stubborn ass boy who likes to learn things the hard way that or my pride at least and B I’m not too fond of the internet even though I use it all the time haha. Nothing against this forum or anything, I think you guys are off the hook and it’s pretty damn cool that this site is on the radar and up for all to gain some knowledge. Sure as hell helped me a ton.
Anyway I’m looking for someone real with real experience and advice to PM me on some yard info here in PHX and surrounding states, underground rail sites would be wild or tips or whatever. I prefer traveling solo but am willing to see who can point me in the right direction

I’m just your average guy in his early 20s with a past and a destination along with some hunger for the road. I’m sure I’ll see some of you out there though : )

P.S did some research, read some stories, and used the search bar.

I’m just looking for some REAL advice and experienced folk to give me some pointers to get out of Phoenix and get my ass on a main line headed east.

Reactions: Kal and wizehop

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Well wth - welcome :) Glad you made use of the search and stuff here - lots of people are traveling here right now - as well as other sites. I know there are people traveling through Phoenix now so hopefully you can get a hold of people to travel with - good luck but also have fun!! If I run into people even on facebook traveling though there I will point them to you. :)

Reactions: Kal

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Welcome, welcome!

Nice to have you here and glad you're respectful of the site rules.

Good luck with your travels and stay safe!

Peace!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
does it have to be by train or hitching? i'm just playing devil's advocate here, but there are other ways to travel, like bike touring...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads