Niland boat ramp

D

Deleted member 17306

I don't know anything about a boat ramp in Niland, but I'm pretty sure there's a marina in Bombay Beach where someone once scored a houseboat that was hauled back to the slabs. I haven't been there in a while, but I can't imagine a boat ramp popped up.

D

Deleted member 17306

Seems like it's probably the one I'm thinking of in bombay. If you're already that close, you might as well just go to the slabs.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
that's really not anywhere near niland either. never been there before, but doesn't look like there's much there.

todd

Reaction score
looks close.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 308

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Snpvstheworld

Reaction score
We were looking at it as a possible place to look at on the way to Slab City, mostly because there's a lake and we thought possible fishing. We weren't aware of the border patrol crossing. But we should be in Slab City tomorrow!! So excited!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

D

Deleted member 17306

You won't need to worry about the crossing on your way in, only on your way out. I definitely wouldn't eat anything from the Salton sea, but I don't eat seafood anyway. Pretty sure it's not recommended, though. I've heard it described as a post-apocalyptic wasteland.. might be worth seeing on your way into the slabs.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
O....

"A sailor went to the Salton Sea
To see what he could see see see
But all that he could see see see
Was the pee where they pee in the Salton Sea!"

todd

Reaction score
im wondering how the tilapia are doing. seems its the only species left in that water

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads